Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Perhaps Serie A overvalues Italian players as the PL does Englishmen. Regardless, Matri is a good player and 12m isn't breaking the bank, especially for a club like Milan.

He really isn't.

He's no Balotelli, but he's a very good player to bring off the bench/spot start. 10 goals each of the past two seasons, despite being a part-time player.

That's a lot of money for a left back who is 29 this year and a central midfielder who the Everton fans seem a bit undecided on.

Fair play for turning it down though, wouldn't be easy getting replacements in now and it's not worth fucking up their season for.

Baines I'd call their best player and they really need to hold onto him, Fellaini is a different case as I'm not really sure he's the type of player Martinez wants and if (without saying it) he'd rather sell Fellaini for max value to go get McCarthy instead

Thing with Fellaini is he's great as the battering ram SS but he's never a central midfielder in a million years.

Be interesting to find out how much of that 36m was on Fellaini, anymore than 15m and they are laughing as they can get a much better central midfielder.

Not sure Martinez way of playing will get the best of him either.

Baines is a different story entirely obviously, although personally i don't think Man Yoo need him as Evra has been great for last year or so after a big dip in form.

I've always thought Fellaini was class but then its normally been against us so it is hard to tell. I trust those who have seen him more.

He's class in the role Moyes deployed him in, but unless you plan on dropping Rooney he won't be playing there.

He found a niche at Everton which suits him down to the ground, honestly the lad needs to be extremely careful with his next career move.

Guest neesy111

Their board is very Ashley-esque actually. They always go for frees or cheap sneaky deals like these.

Least they have the excuse of being almost skint unlike NUFC.

Also, sell Falcao for £50 million. Buy David Villa for bag of buttons.

didn't most of the Falcao money go to 3rd party agents?

Yup, Atletico actually spent a very small portion on Falcao the rest was paid by a 3rd party so thus they only get a small portion from the sale.

Their board is very Ashley-esque actually. They always go for frees or cheap sneaky deals like these.

Its funny you mention that because they used to be very Shepherd like :lol:

Spur's title challengers within the next 2 years?

They will have to improve mentally for that to happen, its all fine and dandy buying players but going from CL spot contenders to title challengers is mainly about mental than any ability you have.

Chelsea, Man Yoo and City have been there, seen it and got the T-Shirt. Spurs while they have a talented squad have not won anything and that is massive disadvantage in winning a league.

Well sort of, but it is about ability really, isn't it?

We're getting all excited because we (might) have spent 90M or so, but Man City have spent more than that already this window, and only recouped, what, 10M on Tevez? The top two or three are still operating on a different financial level.

I've always thought Fellaini was class but then its normally been against us so it is hard to tell. I trust those who have seen him more.

He's class in the role Moyes deployed him in, but unless you plan on dropping Rooney he won't be playing there.

He found a niche at Everton which suits him down to the ground, honestly the lad needs to be extremely careful with his next career move.

Very early days but he's looked out of place under Martinez, probably because he needs to show poise and composure on the ball.

Manchester City will buy Alderweireld and will then send him to Atletico Madrid, according to AS. Then Demichelis will join Manchester City.

hF7BE1D05

That's pure Atlético nowadays though, all their purchase are so utterly weird nobody has an idea what's going on :lol:

I suppose it's a way to make the accounts look good, avoid tax or skirt around La Liga's FFP rules.