Gervinho

Dave

Google translate:

Gervinho signing appears imminent announcement in Newcastle on Saturday, Sky Sports. Lille striker could join another player in the LOSC, Yoahn Cabaye among the Magpies from this weekend. The Ivorian striker's agent Lille currently negotiate the final details of his transfer with the leaders of the English team. In operation, the LOSC could pocket 16ME. For the record, Gervinho joined Lille in 2009 paid an average of 6.5 ME at Le Mans.

Could the 16m figure not refer to "Lille striker could join another player in the LOSC, Yoahn Cabaye among the Magpies from this weekend."? 16 for the pair?

Google translate:

Gervinho signing appears imminent announcement in Newcastle on Saturday, Sky Sports. Lille striker could join another player in the LOSC, Yoahn Cabaye among the Magpies from this weekend. The Ivorian striker's agent Lille currently negotiate the final details of his transfer with the leaders of the English team. In operation, the LOSC could pocket 16ME. For the record, Gervinho joined Lille in 2009 paid an average of 6.5 ME at Le Mans.

Could the 16m figure not refer to " Lille striker could join another player in the LOSC, Yoahn Cabaye among the Magpies from this weekend."? 16 for the pair?

That's the way it reads to me since it says Lille are pocketing 16m euros.

Guest dazzanufc1892

how does 16 seem too grand? we paid 6mil for an unknown jose enrique. 11 + 5 for 2 proven players sounds about right.

Guest Wally_McFool

16,000,000.00 EUR = 14,253,173.09 GBP

Ashley gone crazy..

The sad news is after Gervinho we need two more strickers....

What's a stricker?

http://www.weeklyfantasysportal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/steve-stricker-colonial_299.jpg

:coolsmiley:

how does 16 seem too grand? we paid 6mil for an unknown jose enrique. 11 + 5 for 2 proven players sounds about right.

Signing a sought after player for £10m+ before the transfer window opens. This doesn't match the current trend of the ownership at all. Considering there are supposedly CL teams in for him.

Never said anything about the amount paid being too much if you get me, more what's going on.

Ashley gone crazy..

What's a stricker?

one of these....

http://im4.ebidst.com/upload_big/8/1/3/1285095351-11362-0.jpg

part striker,part sticker.

The next week should be pivotal not just with Gervinho but Enrique as well. Both have been given a deadline for a decision so even if they don't sign at least we'll know where we are and can make other plans. 

Ashley gone crazy..

What's a stricker?

It's what you would call a striker if you were pretending you couldn't type English.