Gervinho

Dave

Guest magpie99

I dont think we were ever in for either of them and all this twaddle from twitter ITKs is just a smokescreen fed to them by the club so as to not reveal our real targets.

Guest magpie99

If we sign N'Zogbia, he will play on the right of an attacking midfield three behind the striker, HBA in the centre and Jonas on the left..........Tiote and Cabaye protecting the back four

Guest Loven11

Lille have confirmed that they are set to hold talks with Arsenal over Gervinho.

"He actually wants to go," Paquet admitted to RMC.

"We have developed contacts with Arsenal. We will soon discuss with them to see what they want.

"He expressed his desire to leave for England so we'll see what will happen.

"Gervinho chose to leave for England, so that limits the scope of the situation.

"We will meet soon with Arsenal, see what they offer - but he is a player of value."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6988950,00.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I dont think we have ever been in for hiom, TBH

Why? Most reports suggest we have, no?

But then the local media are also saying that he was never the priority more of a back-up option and that the club had reservations about his ANC commitments in which case why make a bid.  There is just too many conflicting stories coming out about him to know what the truth is.

If there are any positives to be taken out of this, providing of course that we sign someone for that position, it's surely that we won't have to deal with the ACN. It'll be bad enough losing Tiote.

Guest Antec

"We need to strengthen our goal, our defence and we need a striker...I know! Let's sign a French flair attacking winger!"

Typical Arsenal :lol:

Who'll miss part of the season anyway. Madness

"We need to strengthen our goal, our defence and we need a striker...I know! Let's sign a French flair attacking winger!"

For a fee of something like 12m+ :lol:

Yes, they really did need another flashy winger who can't finish, didn't they?

He can finish can't he? Think this is exactly the type of signing they need. Walcott, arshavin and nasri are far too wasteful in front of goal, considering how much arsenal create.

He can finish can't he? Think this is exactly the type of signing they need. Walcott, arshavin and nasri are far too wasteful in front of goal, considering how much arsenal create.

Is he that much better than any of those lads though?

That forward they picked up for free could finish in the French leagues as well, but hasn't done too well here. More time, more space, less quality defenders on your arse, and probably played in a different role at arsenal while being encouraged to make 500 passes before having a shot on target.

Dunno, probably will work out well for him there for a bit, then fades away when the team realise it should have been a defensive option bought or a much needed keeper.

Is he that much better than any of those lads though?

Well judging by his goals and assists record, id say yes. Arsenals front 4 wasted far too many chances last season. He'll be competition for walcott. They definitely need to learn how to see out games but they're equally guilty of not putting themselves out of reach in the first place.

So this is him, Eboue, Song, Chamakh all fucking off to the ACN and Samba if the deal is done, fuck off with the African's Arsene!

We NEED a replacement for Arshavin tbf to him but not an African!