Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

My lass literally thinks I'm a fucking hom now, I haven't stopped talking about Yohan all night.

My lass doesn't even fancy him that much, it's just me.  Getting a bit embarrassing now.  Her mate fancies the pants off Pardew though.

Same with me this like. Having to try and convince a lass that a bloke is good looking is pure shit. Think she's becoming a bit worried.

My lass literally thinks I'm a fucking hom now, I haven't stopped talking about Yohan all night.

My lass doesn't even fancy him that much, it's just me.  Getting a bit embarrassing now.  Her mate fancies the pants off Pardew though.

Lol mine doesnt either. She likes andy carroll a lot though.

:undecided: Maybe an amicable split is the best solution?

I think it's quite unfair to say he was anonymous, I think everything we do goes through him and that's been the biggest difference this season, to have an outlet in the centre that will rarely lose possession easily and can pick the best pass out to develop an attack. He's the one that the rest of the players look for when they don't really know where to go.

Even when he's not doing anything special, he'll still always be finding space and popping the ball off where it needs to go. Jonas in particular is benefiting hugely from this because he's picking the ball up further up the pitch than he was last year, in attacking areas rather than the edge of his own box.

Guest Rey Mysterio

People saying he was anonymous need to open their eyes. Martinez got it spot on with the shape of his team, out numbered us 3 on two in the middle of the park of course it was going to be difficult for him to have a huge influence. Sure enough when Hatem came on and played in the hole, Watson couldn't ignore him and Yohan magically found a lot more space. Sublime tekkers for the goal, he was off celebrating as soon as it left his foot.

Read similar comments about Cabaye being anonymous on another forum.  Said this:

Cabaye nowhere in the first half? What?

He was tasked with pressing the opponents high up the pitch, with Demba Ba dropping back into the hole to cover. Obviously, if you assumed he was just playing a traditional cm role, then yes, you would say that he was 'nowhere', but if you looked closer at what he was doing it was clear that he was playing a huge role.

Exactly the same here, doesn't do my self confidence good knowing her taste is pikey looking wankers over suave, sexy exotic men.

My lass literally thinks I'm a f***ing hom now, I haven't stopped talking about Yohan all night.

Exactly the same here, doesn't do my self confidence good knowing her taste is pikey looking wankers over suave, sexy exotic men.

Obviously, she's with you, you filthy hobo.

It looked as though he ran to celebrate with someone particular on the bench. Is this right and if so who?

"He ran over to masseur Micky Holland, who had told him before the game that he would score, while Steven Taylor - who played on despite a broken nose - also shared the love."

It looked as though he ran to celebrate with someone particular on the bench. Is this right and if so who?

"He ran over to masseur Micky Holland, who had told him before the game that he would score, while Steven Taylor - who played on despite a broken nose - also shared the love."

Cheers.

I think it's quite unfair to say he was anonymous, I think everything we do goes through him and that's been the biggest difference this season, to have an outlet in the centre that will rarely lose possession easily and can pick the best pass out to develop an attack. He's the one that the rest of the players look for when they don't really know where to go.

Even when he's not doing anything special, he'll still always be finding space and popping the ball off where it needs to go. Jonas in particular is benefiting hugely from this because he's picking the ball up further up the pitch than he was last year, in attacking areas rather than the edge of his own box.

I wouldn't say it was unfair, the partnership in the middle with Tiote is what makes us tick and yesterday neither of them performed that well, when that happens it's noticeable how poor as a team we become.

Still everyone is due an off day and that was there's, hopefully performances like that are rare for the both of them as they're too important to us.

I wonder if we're overplaying them, maybe need to consider rotating Gosling or someone in for a game.

I suggested that in the pre match thread, the problem we're going to have is that when Tiote goes to the ANC we're going to expect someone to come in and be straight up to speed with the rest of the players, despite not getting much of a look in between August and January.