Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

As somebody asked who he ran off to :

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/10/24/yohan-cabaye-thanks-fans-for-song-he-doesn-t-understand-61634-29648313/

NEWCASTLE United goalscorer Yohan Cabaye has thanked masseur Micky Holland for the pep talk he never gave and the supporters for the song he does not understand.

The French midfielder’s first Magpies goal won Saturday’s game with Wigan Athletic. His response to it was to run over to the dugout and leap into the arms of Holland.

“Ever since I’ve been here before every game he has told me I’m going to score a goal and I haven’t,” Cabaye explained. “When I arrived on Saturday I went up to him and said don’t say anything. Don’t tell me I’m going to score a goal. Just say nothing to me, don’t talk to me before the game, we will talk after the game. And look what happened, he kept quiet and I scored my first goal for Newcastle!”

Victory maintained Newcastle’s unbeaten start to the season, and consolidated fourth spot in the Premier League.

“It was an important goal for the team, we are getting used to looking at the league table and seeing ourselves in fourth place and it still feels good,” said Cabaye. “We are working so hard in the match and on the training pitch. This is a good team, although against Wigan I thought we were lucky.

“We will work hard to stay near the top of the league. In this league it is never easy beating anyone. They will feel they did enough but luck was on our side.

“To have 19 points after nine games is very good. There is nothing lucky about that. It is a good sign winning games like this and Wolves when we are not at our best. To do well in a season you have to win games in different ways. The spirit of the team is very good, you can see that.”

Cabaye was the last player off the pitch, lingering to applaud fans who sang his name in a ditty reclaimed from Philippe Albert.

“I already have a good feeling with these fans and that is why at the end of the game I went round applauding them,” he commented. “They have made me feel very welcome here and that has helped me settle in quickly.

“I have a good relationship with them already but I don’t understand the song they sing about me!”

And my question is, can someone tell me the words and tune of the song for Cabaye :)

And my question is, can someone tell me the words and tune of the song for Cabaye :)

To the tune of Rupert The Bear (Phillip Albert-Laurent Robert 2011/12 Mag-Mix):

“Yohan, Yohan Cabaye, everyone knows his name!”

To the tune of Rupert The Bear (Phillip Albert-Laurent Robert 2011/12 Mag-Mix):

“Yohan, Yohan Cabaye, everyone knows his name!”

lol thank you :)

Guest icemanblue

I doubt I'll ever tire of watching his goal. Such technique to strike it so clean with the ball coming towards him. Makes a lush sound on the footage.

Maybe when Cabaye reads this he will learn more about the professionalism or lack of it when it comes to the national media... Let's stick to doing our talking on the pitch...

I see Cabaye more as an Observer or FT Weekend man.

I agree!... But you know where I'm coming from...

Pretty sure the quotes are all taken out of context to create a story. He's been asked about differences between Lille/France and Newcastle/England, how he's settling in etc. They've taken those answers and twisted them into something entirely different. I seriously doubt Cabaye has even seen that photo of Best, Ireland and A N Other, for instance.