Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Wasn't Brighton gonna support Cabaye at the hearing?

doesnt matter. The FA can't be seen to saying what Cabaye did was OK

fwiw i think its harsh, but they can't condone it

I think he'll get busted and can't really have any complaints on this one. What I do have a question about is why the likes of Van Persie, Lescott and Crouch have managed to getaway with far worse over the last couple of weeks. With the last two, we know it'll be because they are England players.

Pardew rages at Ray Stubbs: http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/02/01/pardew-unhappy-at-ray-stubbs-over-yohan-cabaye-incident-61634-30239579/

Ironically when I phoned Sky to cancel my ESPN subscription once I found out that Cabaye had been charged I gave Ray Stubbs as my reason for cancelling when the wifey on the other end of the phone asked me.

Whether he deserved to be charged or not is a matter of opinion. Maybe he did but then when you look at other recent incidents which were far worse than what Cabaye did (Lescott, Crouch & Van Persie) maybe he can count himself a little unlucky.

What you cannot have is a television presenter, someone who has never played the game before, demanding that the FA look into it, "The FA have got to look into that, surely" was the phrase he used on more than one occassion. He's there to present the programme and ask the opinions of the 2 professionals alongside him, not to ask the FA to look into specific incidents.

Pardew rages at Ray Stubbs: http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/02/01/pardew-unhappy-at-ray-stubbs-over-yohan-cabaye-incident-61634-30239579/

What you cannot have is a television presenter, someone who has never played the game before, demanding that the FA look into it, "The FA have got to look into that, surely" was the phrase he used on more than one occassion. He's there to present the programme and ask the opinions of the 2 professionals alongside him, not to ask the FA to look into specific incidents.

no idea whether it affects it, but could there be some sort of grounds on outside influences affecting their decision?

or is that obvious and a key part of the defence?

I think he will get 4 game ban, we should have just taken this on the chin

Indeed, would mean that he misses the whole of February which would be a real blow.

We would only have the ban increased if the FA felt the appeal was frivolous.

Guest Roger Kint

Whats the odds on E-A's tackle not earning him the same punishment? Highlighted by Sky yet bound to be ignored. For the record Cabaye is the only one to blame in his case mind.

Ironically when I phoned Sky to cancel my ESPN subscription once I found out that Cabaye had been charged I gave Ray Stubbs as my reason for cancelling when the wifey on the other end of the phone asked me.

Whether he deserved to be charged or not is a matter of opinion. Maybe he did but then when you look at other recent incidents which were far worse than what Cabaye did (Lescott, Crouch & Van Persie) maybe he can count himself a little unlucky.

Cancelling your subscription? Get a grip.

Cabaye has been acting like a hypocritical baby recently and deserves it. He needs to improve his on pitch temperament and reverse his poor form.

As for Stubbs, he would have said the same for any player, and the 'not a pro's argument isn't good as he was a pro.

The system as it exists is not even a kangaroo court, it randomly seizes on "offences" frivolously selected by unqualified TV pundits with little credibility and is thereafter judged by faceless panels who may well have a vested interest in the outcome.

Cabaye's case in particular seemed trivial in comparison to other actions which occured at the weekend, the nature of the challenge on him could be offered as mitigation and he has a reasonable case for claiming self defence.

They'll probably just throw him to the lions.

Whats the odds on E-A's tackle not earning him the same punishment? Highlighted by Sky yet bound to be ignored. For the record Cabaye is the only one to blame in his case mind.

did he not give a foul for that?

Guest Roger Kint

No idea, the highlights i saw seemed to suggest play carried on.

No.

Guest Wally_McFool

Thought the incident warranted a booking for both  El Abd and Cabaye tbh. No sending offs and certainly no bannings.

Cabaye was badly fouled 3 times against Brighton and he slightly retaliated at one of them. No big deal.. a booking would have sufficed given the circumstances.