Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Oh well, at least he wasn't given an extra match.

You have to wonder what Sunderland did in Michael Turners appeal, for it to be deemed 'frivolous' and be given the extra game. Is that the only one which has been increased for that reason?

Ferdinand got an extra game for the elbow last season, or the season before didn't he?

I think this has changed from this season and you no longer get banned for an extra game if the appeal is unsuccessful.

Oh well, at least he wasn't given an extra match.

You have to wonder what Sunderland did in Michael Turners appeal, for it to be deemed 'frivolous' and be given the extra game. Is that the only one which has been increased for that reason?

Ferdinand got an extra game for the elbow last season, or the season before didn't he?

I think this has changed from this season and you no longer get banned for an extra game if the appeal is unsuccessful.

not sure but i think that was always the case, the extra game was only added if the appeal was deemed to be spurious.

As someone else said, he needs a break.  I tend to agree, only missed one game through suspension and an hour or so of the QPR game.  Rushed back after 2 or 3 injuries and is probably still getting to grips with the league.

Couldn't come at a worse time though!

He needs to work on his anger. with all the challenges he gets he get p*ssed of easily which leave room for retaliation.

It would also help if the quality and consistency of refereeing in English football wasn't at an all time low and the English FA wasn't bent.

Guest Wally_McFool

I dont wanna get all melodramic and drama queeny about this , but

BAN RAY STUBBS FROM ST JAMES PARK NOW!  :frantic:

The cunt!  :D

Guest neesy111

I dont wanna get all melodramic and drama queeny about this , but

BAN RAY STUBBS FROM ST JAMES PARK NOW!  :frantic:

The cunt!  :D

Oh well. At least he wasn't given a 4 game ban for denying the charge. A two game ban would have been more appropriate though instead of the standard 3 match ban.

Hopefully, Cabaye will learn from this. He really needs to calm down a little and make sure he doesn't get properly frustrated which causes him to lash out at opposing players. Yes, he was on the receiving end of a lot of bad tackles from the Brighton players (and of course Derry) but let's be frank, the physicality of the English game is a lot higher than in France so tackles will come flying in from every direction.

Of course, the FA's consistency with these kind of incidents is dreadful and they really need to revamp the way they hand out retrospective bans too.

Assou-Ekotto not facing any charge for his studs over the ball, shin high tackle on Di Santo last night because the ref saw it and took no action. I'm hoping this is some sort of sick joke? The rules have got to be changed for these incidents.