Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

He was Fucking shit today and deserved to be subbed . sat far too deep and created fuck all.

He sits too deep and ends up making clumsy tackles. It looks like frustration more than anything else, because it's not a battle he's going to win in the premier league. He needs to be moved further forward and do what he's good at, but that's the manager's call.

I've seen him play worse and get praised. I don't know why but on here the guy can do no wrong. At best he's average. Very rare he offers us something going forward, very rare is he prepared to put in a tackle (unless it's a foul), and he can't provide a ball into the box either from a set piece or going forward. Ok last year he had some great games and produced a few great passes, however he hasn't shown it this season. When the wind is blowing in the right direction and the luck is going his way he can score from a free kick, thats about it.

Loads of people on here want him to be captain, why? he doesn't encourage his teammates, he doesn't even talk to the players around him.

He was poor today and I have to say from my point of view thats nothing different and I certainly don't think he is injured, he's just been found out.

Guest reefatoon

I don't agree. he comes to deep and doesn't need too. he was woeful today and needs to push forward when playing with Tiote. the gaps between the airfield and strikers was embarrassing. out central midfield with Tiote and Cabaye is just too deep, needs to be one or the other.

If he's carrying a knock he shouldn't be playing. We have Anita, Siss, Marv all who could do the job next to Tiote. He's been awful for 2-3 games now, and I've defended him time and time again but today he was so poor as was he against Benfica.

I've seen him play worse and get praised. I don't know why but on here the guy can do no wrong. At best he's average. Very rare he offers us something going forward, very rare is he prepared to put in a tackle (unless it's a foul), and he can't provide a ball into the box either from a set piece or going forward. Ok last year he had some great games and produced a few great passes, however he hasn't shown it this season. When the wind is blowing in the right direction and the luck is going his way he can score from a free kick, thats about it.

Loads of people on here want him to be captain, why? he doesn't encourage his teammates, he doesn't even talk to the players around him.

He was poor today and I have to say from my point of view thats nothing different and I certainly don't think he is injured, he's just been found out.

Been thinking this for a while.  Passenger these days

Needs to be playing further up, also needs to not be shaking mackems hands at half time when we're 1-0 down at home.

Agreed. He can shake hands and smile with whomever he wants as long as we're winning and he's playing well. That first half from his was for the second time in couple of days a disgrace.

Looked injured in the Benfica game too. Just can't seem to get around the pitch comfortably. Plus seen him holding his groin (didn't know how else to phrase that :)) a few times during Benfica.

Seems proper annoyed at the moment. Not just this match, just really fed up and irritable.

Much like Cisse, they've put up with more of it than most and they can actually play. Rumours of Colo kicking off in the changing rooms as well, players will be off this summer.

Needs to be playing further up, also needs to not be shaking mackems hands at half time when we're 1-0 down at home.

Agreed. He can shake hands and smile with whomever he wants as long as we're winning and he's playing well. That first half from his was for the second time in couple of days a disgrace.

It just sends a really bad message to the players of both teams and the fans, we should've come out fierce as fuck in the second half and looking to pummel them, not smile at them, shake their hands and ask them how the wife is.