Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Really not sure what he said wrong there [/Pardew sympathiser]

The fact that he's still talking about it (at great length) is bad management. All that stuff completely left my mind for the last week and now I'm back to thinking Cabaye is a tosser.

"We've discussed the issue and it's sorted...*coy smile*" is how Hughton would have dealt with it.

You're right, the lad is yet to start a game this season but typical Pardew just rips him apart  :angry:

What good is it carrying all this on though? They can think whatever they want privately but reminding us about what happened on the eve of a game is very counter productive.

I apologise, there is no way a journalist could have brought up the fact Cabaye may be starting his first game since he had his head turned.

Pesky Pardew is pesky.

Fuck me, I hate the negative cunt, I have had many fantasies about coming into billions of pounds, buying Newcastle and sitting down with him giving him the ultimatum of not being such a weak/pathetic wanker or losing his job but the lengths people will go and the obvious things they will ignore just makes it all meaningless :lol:

Pretty weird concept isn't it?

The swarms of premier league managers, wandering the streets hoping a journalist is near by to note down his wild ramblings. Seems far more likely than said manager being asked questions the day before a game, that would be literally mental. Mental!

No one was prepared to bid more than £10m for him, and France had decent results without him in the side. I imagine Cabaye's had a bit of a reality check about how highly he's really rated and will be pretty desperate to put in some eye catching performances if only to cement his place in the France line up for the WC. Pardew didn't need to say anything really, when the window was open it's not as if Cabaye took a blind bit of notice when he was pushing for a move.

How was he today?

I would say decent is a fair description. Played well enough, didn't do anything spectacular but wasn't invisible.

Had a shot he probably should have put across the box but tbh most players would have done the same in his position and he wasn't far off.

Played as an attacking mid with Anita and Sissoko behind him.  He was general average.  Didn't do anything of note except a shot near the end of the first half that might have been better to try and play across the goal.  Didn't give the ball away or put in any stupid challenges though.  I can't remember him creating anything though.

How was he today?

I would say decent is a fair description. Played well enough, didn't do anything spectacular but wasn't invisible.

Had a shot he probably should have put across the box but tbh most players would have done the same in his position and he wasn't far off.

I thought Ben Arfa should have been sliding across to get a toe on it tbh.

How was he today?

I thought Ben Arfa should have been sliding across to get a toe on it tbh.

Na watched it back and he was nowhere near, I think cabaye should have rolled it across.