Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Oh, so it wasn't Pardew desperately trying to flog him despite the club rejecting Arsenal's bid? Funny that.  :lol:

Quite. More evidence, if needed, that we don't sell at the drop of a hat, and we try and hold onto the core of our players despite interest.

Really great to have him back in the fold (for now at least; quotes still suggest he wants away at the end of the season, though it may just be poorly worded).

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 1m

AP reveals Cabaye has been disciplined this week for his strike. Hopes apology ends the saga... #nufc

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 2m

Cabaye accepted discipline in good faith #nufc

Good. Now, we move on (until January/next summer). For once, the club and manager have done the right thing.

Personally i think Pardew has handled this badly.......

;)

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 1m

AP reveals Cabaye has been disciplined this week for his strike. Hopes apology ends the saga... #nufc

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 2m

Cabaye accepted discipline in good faith #nufc

"I hope this saga is at it's end now" he says, dragging it out for another week.

Anyone read this bit

"Yohan gives you a composure on the ball," said Newcastle's manager. "He takes a second longer on the ball and because of that he just makes the right decisions. As an example of what pressure can do to you I saw that BBC news reader pick up that wad of A4 paper instead of his iPad. There's no way you can do that unless pressure's involved and stress is kicking in – you just don't make that mistake.

"That's what you have to understand with footballers. You play in front of 52,000 here and the expectations you're playing under huge expectations. Some people ride the pressure better. Would David Frost have picked that pad of paper up by mistake? Or would he have picked his iPad up? The point I'm trying to make is that Yohan is that type of player who, whatever the scenario, can be calm and deliver the pass."

from here http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/sep/19/yohan-cabaye-newcastle-united

Cabaye, apparently the David Frost of footballers  ???