Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Anthony Marshall ‏@ToneToonPress 7m

Just a quick note for those claiming Cabaye's quotes are a PR exercise. It was a post-match interview at Villa. He was under no... (1/2)

Anthony Marshall ‏@ToneToonPress 8m

...obligation to do the interview, let alone talk about his situation. Could have refused both but didn't, and answered everything. (2/2)

Sure, but he put in a great performance after coming in vs Fulham and again this past weekend. Put in the performances while he's here and if he wants away again and gets sold so be it. Can only really be arsed about results, and we are better when he's in the role he was at vs. Villa.

Cabaye's a good lad really. Just momentarily seduced by Wenger's charms, which is understandable once you've been stuck with Pardew for longer than a day.

Good for him to get this off his chest so he can just get back at it, and go full throttle.

Time to move on now, nothing to see here. Well until the next derisory bid in January of course.

Seems to imply he did refuse to play.

Obviously he did. Unless you are heza.

Sorry like, but do you believe everyone at the club from Pardew upwards?

EDIT: ...and for the record, even if this was all true I still understand Cabaye for wanting to go.

Means nowt to me. Just perform till you leave thanks.

Aye basically. Just keep performances up until at least Jan, then we'll see where his head is really at. Hopefully a couple of signings may change his mind but I won't hold my breath.

Let's hope Remy and Arfa can inspire us enough to get a load of points on the board until then.

Means nowt to me. Just perform till you leave thanks.

Might be a bit harsh on the other players but Hatem's about the only one whom you can see genuine love for the club. For a few others, the above applies.

Also very clear he still wants out. Think he's definitely gone next summer unless we finish top-6 (maybe even top-4).

Assuming that there's clubs out there that want him badly enough. With only one £10m offer this summer (and even that wasn't serious) I'm not so sure.

EDIT: ...and for the record, even if this was all true I still understand Cabaye for wanting to go.

I believe Ashley is a cunt in the highest order, BUT, Cabaye and Pardew are also cunts.  Understand my position then?

It is not like Cabaye wanna stay but the club force him to move and ban him from playing etc.

I understand why he wanna leave, as well as why he wanna stay and play as much as possible now, because he is a cunt who just realize that he is just a reserve for top teams and his world cup dream is in serious doubt and that unless he performs like his first season here he will be o.u.t.

Harper's speech is fucking spot on. There are faults from both parties, not just one.

Just to add one more point, he won't leave on January, because he can't bear the risk of struggling in the new team and further affect his place in France squad.  We should give a big big thanks to Dechamps.

Cabaye deserved this.

I believe Ashley is a c*** in the highest order, BUT, Cabaye and Pardew are also c***s.  Understand my position then?

It is not like Cabaye wanna stay but the club force him to move and ban him from playing etc.

I understand why he wanna leave, as well as why he wanna stay and play as much as possible now, because he is a c*** who just realize that he is just a reserve for top teams and his world cup dream is in serious doubt and that unless he performs like his first season here he will be o.u.t.

Harper's speech is f***ing spot on. There are faults from both parties, not just one.

Ultimately though, we had no previous reason to think Cabaye was a cunt. We had every right to believe that the club / management were lying, because they have done so on many an occasion. Which is why I stuck with Cabaye. It's not such a ridiculous thing to do in reality.

Really not fussed about the whole thing tbh. I love Colo again, will love Cabaye again. They will probably both break my heart in the end but life football is too short to dwell on these things.

As long as Cabaye is giving his all and playing well while in our shirt that's as much as I can expect these days.

He has realised that given the business of the top 4/5 over the summer, its unlikely we will get a bid from then again this year (or ever!).  He has no choice really.

Then again, a committed Cabaye is better than no Cabaye! Obvious I know - glad its been dealt with finally.

Time to move on.