Yohan Cabaye retires

Depends how he goes out tbh, wasn't impressed with his "head not right" attitude in the summer but if he continues as he is now and a bigger club comes in for him then you can't really begrudge him the move.

Suppose its how the individual looks at it, Nolan dropped down a division for more money but is lauded, Ba didn't let the speculation affect his game, scored in his last game before moving to a more ambitious club but is deemed a greedy bastard.

Depends how he goes out tbh, wasn't impressed with his "head not right" attitude in the summer but if he continues as he is now and a bigger club comes in for him then you can't really begrudge him the move.

Suppose its how the individual looks at it, Nolan dropped down a division for more money but is lauded, Ba didn't let the speculation affect his game, scored in his last game before moving to a more ambitious club but is deemed a greedy bastard.

I think the case of Ba is more to do with the fact he moved to a more ambitious club to sit on the bench most of the time which annoys most people and by the end everyone was sick of a year of speculation probably fueled by his "entourage" feeding the links to other clubs to the press

I think the case of Ba is more to do with the fact he moved to a more ambitious club to sit on the bench most of the time which annoys most people and by the end everyone was sick of a year of speculation probably fueled by his "entourage" feeding the links to other clubs to the press

I doubt he moved to sit on the bench, who was his competition? An out of form Torres? He should be getting more games tbh.

I doubt he moved to sit on the bench, who was his competition? An out of form Torres? He should be getting more games tbh.

an out of form Torres who happens to be the owners pet and has quite obviously been since he arrived

If Cabaye leaving meant Anita would become a crucial player next season i'm all for it. It would be a shame to lose Cabaye but I think Anita's more than good enough to take his place.

Anita is a neat and tidy player but he is no replacement for Cabaye - he doesn't have Cabaye's tackling ability, range of passes or, crucially, power of shot.

You are dreaming if you think Anita is a replacement for Cabaye - we will be lucky to find a player as good for twice the fee Ashley will be prepared to spend.....

While I agree with the rest of your post, I would say Anita is a far better tackler than Cabaye, as he should be, being a defensive player. Cabaye's qualities are going forward, his tackling is usually pretty bad IMO.

Watch how many times Anita pulls out of 50/50 tackles...Cabaye never does although he sometimes goes over the top. Other sides KNOW Cabaye is going to go in hard, but Anita rarely does but his timing is better.

Blanc looking for a CM..Just saying..

Amazing article from Ryder

Fresh reports from France today claimed Yohan Cabaye could be the subject of interest from Paris St-Germain.

Laurent Blanc has told the press in Paris he wants a midfielder in the new year.

It is understood Cabaye is set to stay on Tyneside until at least the end of the season.

When asked over the weekend on Football Focus if Newcastle could play in the Champions League, Cabaye answered: “Why not?”

anita only "pulls out" of tackles in the narrow blood and thunder english sense; he's usually trying to stay on his feet, nick the ball and thus be able to do something with it instead of flying in hell for leather and seeing what happens...he's flown in too when it's required

i see what Tron is saying on the tackling front, i agree

Aye, amazing comment that from Tron really.. Anita a far better tackler, being a more defensive player.. :lol:

What I said was that Anita should be a better tackler as he's meant to be a defensive midfielder. He might not go in as spectacularly but he steals the ball very well.

Aye, amazing comment that from Tron really.. Anita a far better tackler, being a more defensive player.. :lol:

What I said was that Anita should be a better tackler as he's meant to be a defensive midfielder. He might not go in as spectacularly but he steals the ball very well.

Fair enough in that case..

IMO Anita could be a bit more dirty. Cabaye/Tiote often decide they will break up play one way or another (foul) and it's better imo.

If anything I think the other two need to be less dirty!

Nah. We'll not be rolled over with those 2 in midfield. Even aganist 3 men. Cabs will do a shin high tackle and not get booked.

A lot of people under-rate Tiote's imtimidation value due to his physical presence. Anita's a better footballer but having a hard bastard like Cheick crashing into tackles and players is useful in it's own way. Plus he can play a bit as well when he keeps it simple.

Guest icemanblue

Not his greatest game, but the effort was still very much there. Paid off in the end. Looked like he really enjoyed that one.