Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Pardew knows Ashley will cash in he also knows Cabaye wants away for Champions League football, what else can he say.

He could try saying nothing.

:lol:

'Are you worried about a January bid for Cabaye Alan?'....... Alan? .............  Alan, the Cabaye bid, you worried? Alllllan!?'

I never thought of that, you've changed my opinion, he really had no other option but to answer.  :lol:

Pardew knows Ashley will cash in he also knows Cabaye wants away for Champions League football, what else can he say.

He could try saying nothing.

:lol:

'Are you worried about a January bid for Cabaye Alan?'....... Alan? .............  Alan, the Cabaye bid, you worried? Alllllan!?'

I never thought of that, you've changed my opinion, he really had no other option but to answer.  :lol:

:spit:

"Are you worried about a January bid for Cabaye, Alan?"

"Yohan is a Newcastle player and as far as I'm concerned, he will remain a Newcastle player. Next question."

That was mega hard.

"Yohan is a Newcastle player and as far as I'm concerned, he will remain a Newcastle player. Next question."

That was mega hard.

He will remain a Newcastle player like you said Carroll would remain a Newcastle player Alan?

"We are fortunate to have him, we are enjoying him while he is here and long may that continue."

Ah, fair enough, should have just said that in the first place. :thup:

That was mega hard.

But we all know that's bollocks and as soon as a big bid comes in, he's off. Then he looks an even bigger prat like he did over Carroll.

That was mega hard.

He will remain a Newcastle player like you said Carroll would remain a Newcastle player Alan?

"We are fortunate to have him, we are enjoying him while he is here and long may that continue."

Ah, fair enough, should have just said that in the first place. :thup:

That quote makes it sound like he's doing Community Service for us :lol:

The gloom army constantly bang on about us selling our best players, encouraging clubs to bid for them etc etc and then it becomes accepted as fact by some. Isn't the reality somewhat different ?

Unless I'm forgetting someone, we've sold two players who were amongst our "best" in the last few years. Demba Ba who we could do nowt about and Andy Carroll in what was, with hindsight, the best piece of business we've ever done.

How does that compare with other top flight clubs ? Do we stand out as some sort of "selling club" ?

If anything we're less of a selling club than we've ever been. Of course players will move on - it's part and parcel of football - but over the last few years our transfer policy has been largely effective and positive. We're probably in the best shape we've been in for ten years or so and that's without being a benevolent pension fund for superstar has-beens.

How many players - apart from Ba and Carroll - have we had which top clubs really want to buy..?

If we had had Cabaye earlier, he would have gone earlier. He wanted to go last summer but Arsenal wouldn't meet the price. People have had another chance to see him do well this season and there will be a few clubs after him. That also applies to Remy unless we meet QPR's terms and his wages there.