Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Thought it didn't matter what we sold our players for?

It doesn't. I just see this as a sign he'll almost certainly be off by the end of this month.

Not unless they offer daft money. We rejected a bid from Arsenal in the summer and he stayed. Unless PSG offer what we value him, he'll go nowhere.

What does it matter if we get £20m or £30m, even £100m. The whole lot wont be going back into the squad, only a fraction will. We'll only buy a player if the seller is willing to sell at our valuation.

That'll leave us f***ed because out valuations aren't what sellers will accept.

We'll have to pay the replacements full contract value and transfer fee out of anything we receive for Cabaye  :lol:

Aye, yet they never mention the wages saved by the player leaving which was also factor in previous. So, would we not be saving on that.

No because it's utter bullshit. I hate the c*** running this club, amazing to me people still think he's been good for us financially. Utter wankstain.

:lol:

What does it matter if we get £20m or £30m, even £100m. The whole lot wont be going back into the squad, only a fraction will. We'll only buy a player if the seller is willing to sell at our valuation.

That'll leave us f***ed because out valuations aren't what sellers will accept.

We'll have to pay the replacements full contract value and transfer fee out of anything we receive for Cabaye  :lol:

Aye, yet they never mention the wages saved by the player leaving which was also factor in previous. So, would we not be saving on that.

No because it's utter bullshit. I hate the c*** running this club, amazing to me people still think he's been good for us financially. Utter wankstain.

:lol:

Calling Ashley a wankstain made me laugh.

But keep in mind if we don't sell Cabs we'll end up like Leeds Or Portsmouth  :frantic:

I may have lost the will to laugh now like :lol:

That'll leave us fucked because out valuations aren't what sellers will accept.

We built half a squad with the Carroll money - we'll reinvest it, albeit not quickly enough.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

What's the conversion rate for £/€ ? The figure should look slightly better in euros but still derisory for a club of that spending power. It also makes me wonder why they are leaking these underpar bids. I don't see the point apart from making Joe and Ashley look like shrewd negotiators if the final bid is the double or treble of that first one .

It doesn't. I just see this as a sign he'll almost certainly be off by the end of this month.

Not unless they offer daft money. We rejected a bid from Arsenal in the summer and he stayed. Unless PSG offer what we value him, he'll go nowhere.

They can afford daft money though. This shows that they want him, and I have no doubt he'll be desperate to go there.

FWIW I think anything approaching £20m will get him.

They can afford daft money though. This shows that they want him, and I have no doubt he'll be desperate to go there.

Think it depends on how much we reckon we can get Cabella for.

Guest Roger Kint

What's the conversion rate for £/€ ? The figure should look slightly better in euros but still derisory for a club of that spending power. It also makes me wonder why they are leaking these underpar bids. I don't see the point apart from making Joe and Ashley look like shrewd negotiators if the final bid is the double or treble of that first one .

WTF? You can convert it to 1bn Rupees but it doesnt look any better at all :lol:

Can't see how they're linked. It's been shown many times in the past that having money in our pocket means absolutely nothing.

WTF? You can convert it to 1bn Rupees but it doesnt look any better at all :lol:

:thup: :lol:

Can't see how they're linked. It's been shown many times in the past that having money in our pocket means absolutely nothing.

Carroll...when else? Even then, what came 8 months later (Ba, Cabaye, etc) was good.

really depends on who's doing the leaking. It could be an agent (in specific Cabayes one) to try and draw out another bidder quickly-ie get in now man utd before he goes to psg and get a higher wage for Cabaye.

If its the club then either to set it up for blaming cabaye wanting to go and being forced to sell him standard clubs pr for selling someone or try to draw out other bidders to force a bidding war to maximize value. Also fairly standard stuff.

the unlikely 3rd option is PR that look we can hold off even the richest clubs in the world look how great JFK is at his job

Guest Roger Kint

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 3s

#psg certainly interested in Cabaye. #nufc not interested in figures mooted thus far.

:cheesy:

They may as well get one of those tortoises to do his job

Guest bimpy474

That'll leave us fucked because out valuations aren't what sellers will accept.

We built half a squad with the Carroll money - we'll reinvest it, albeit not quickly enough.

We wont build again though, that's done. They think the squad is good enough now. Any right minded person would buy 3 players with say the £20m for Cabaye. We will buy 1 to replace him for £5m.

Instead of giving it a go with money from the transfer, we will make do and plod along in 8th. No doubt JFK will state we dont want to spend more than we can afford.

It stinks and people will swallow it again, they're fucking mental in head.

Guest bimpy474

Guardian reporting Man U are going to bid too. He'll be gone in the next few games

Only 1 game before the window shuts.