Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

What's worse is I severely doubt cabaye wouldn't have still given his best had we forced him to stay. No ambition or even sense to this. We could have got more if we waited till summer.

suppose it depends on what Cabaye said to them, in theory he could have said he'd use the Webster Rule in the summer if we don't sell now.

Shay Given aside, we've generally done well at holding out for hefty prices. With a business hat on; selling Cabaye for £20m means we've made back five times what we paid. That's why we'll have accepted at this point, instead of holding out for more.

Yay, we won at spreadsheets (________)o(___)

I was talking to a friend of a friend in the pub the other day, talking about football.

I was bemoaning our lack of ambition in the transfer window, how our expectations have been lowered so much the last few years, etc etc, and he started going on about how we've now got a much more sustainable wage bill, how it was once 85% of turnover, how now it's much more sensible and how with the new tv deal coming in, and commercial revenue on the rise, the figures look much better.

I suddenly found myself reflecting that this must be how it would feel to be a supporter of, say, Marks and Spencer or WH Smiths or something, pleasure reduced to financial figures. Depressing.

What's worse is I severely doubt cabaye wouldn't have still given his best had we forced him to stay. No ambition or even sense to this. We could have got more if we waited till summer.

suppose it depends on what Cabaye said to them, in theory he could have said he'd use the Webster Rule in the summer if we don't sell now.

If he threatened with the Webster ruling we could have told him to enjoy the World Cup from his house in France.

Doesn't even make the most sense financially. Could just hold onto him for 6 months, if his form keeps up plus a World Cup we should easily be able to get a larger fee and the squad is in better shape. Ashley is the most ineffective penny pincher ever.

We have no excuses for not bringing anyone in, we have the money and while 4 days doesn't seem long. In a transfer window it f***ing ages.

This will simply be down to whether we want to buy, or even bother to try.

We should have some surplus TV money as well.

The fact we are selling before we buy is a joke

Tis a massive joke, f***ing hate supporting us sometimes.

As I said earlier if there are no replacement of sufficient quality, then I put the white flag up and will not continue to support this regime until the cockney t***s have all gone. I will return when they do leave be it a year, five or ten year but I just cannot support something when they are actually taking the p*ss out of all of us. There needs to be a time when enough is enough. Ive been through the bleak days in the late 70's and 80's, but even with the likes of Seymour and McKeag I have never felt so blatantly and obvious hate of people taking the p*ss out of my support and whom have no care in the world about the club I love. And for all you people whp have tried to stick up for this regime in the past - you either don't have a clue or you just don't really care.

Shay Given aside, we've generally done well at holding out for hefty prices. With a business hat on; selling Cabaye for £20m means we've made back five times what we paid. That's why we'll have accepted at this point, instead of holding out for more.

I was talking to a friend of a friend in the pub the other day, talking about football.

I was bemoaning our lack of ambition in the transfer window, how our expectations have been lowered so much the last few years, etc etc, and he started going on about how we've now got a much more sustainable wage bill, how it was once 85% of turnover, how now it's much more sensible and how with the new tv deal coming in, and commercial revenue on the rise, the figures look much better.

I suddenly found myself reflecting that this must be how it would feel to be a supporter of, say, Marks and Spencer or WH Smiths or something, pleasure reduced to financial figures. Depressing.

If it makes you feel any better, we would support 'The Officers Club' based upon that example.

Yohan Cabaye was £147m this morning.

:lol: :lol:

See everyone is happily accepting the lowest version of the fee, surprising like :lol:

It doesn't matter how much we get, we've lost our best player and very few support a balance sheet.  :jesuswept:

Not going to argue with anyone upset that he's going.  Was just saying its typical that the most negative info (lowest fee) is taken as gospel.

Also still believe what we spend is very much connected to what we sell players for, so the fee matters to me.

Guest bimpy474

Everyone knows we've got loads of money now, no idea why this would make it more likely that we'll spend in the next few days. It's the total opposite IMO.

Exactly why our policy of not getting a replacement in first is fucking mental. And why the thick cunts running the club cant see it is beyond logic.

because the club isn't run on football terms but business terms its as simple as that.

How does that work when the price of player we want to buy is pushed up because they know we have lots of money.

Of course, we just dont bother with the buying bit :lol:

the club waits until the summer to replace him, lower prices more prep time and from ashleys pov avoid any possibility of europe

We've bought just Anita in the last two summers so that theory isn't playing out well.

the only previous on this was post carroll so applying the same logic as then as to now. Of coarse JFK and logic.....................

Thing is we dont need to rebuild like before, well not as much imo, it would be nice if we bought a couple of players around the £10m mark. Ashley hates it but that's the going rate nowadays.

If it makes you feel any better, we would support 'The Officers Club' based upon that example.

Oh, don't get the impression WHS or M&S were chosen for any particular reason. This season for me seems most like hanging around outside Poundland, hoping they do one of those riot-causing half price sales.

Oh, don't get the impression WHS or M&S were chosen for any particular reason. This season for me seems most like hanging around outside Poundland, hoping they do one of those riot-causing half price sales.

We employ a local hoodrat called Graham Carr and his job is to run into other stores when no one is watching and nick their best gear.

We then flog it from our store for more money. Great, isn't it?

Everyone knows we've got loads of money now, no idea why this would make it more likely that we'll spend in the next few days. It's the total opposite IMO.

Exactly why our policy of not getting a replacement in first is fucking mental. And why the thick cunts running the club cant see it is beyond logic.

because the club isn't run on football terms but business terms its as simple as that.

How does that work when the price of player we want to buy is pushed up because they know we have lots of money.

Of course, we just dont bother with the buying bit :lol:

the club waits until the summer to replace him, lower prices more prep time and from ashleys pov avoid any possibility of europe

We've bought just Anita in the last two summers so that theory isn't playing out well.

the only previous on this was post carroll so applying the same logic as then as to now. Of coarse JFK and logic.....................

Thing is we dont need to rebuild like before, well not as much imo, it would be nice if we bought a couple of players around the £10m mark. Ashley hates it but that's the going rate nowadays.

It would be nice if I won the lotto too and thats about as likely as that tbh. Expect 1 or 2 in at somewhere around £5-10m none of which will be anyway similar to cabaye (and given how the clubs worked they'd probably be cbs) and will not be Remy.

Guest strongbow69

Damian Spellman ‏@DamianSpellman 8m

#nufc have had a contingency plan in case this happened. They now have to pull it off.

I have all the faith in the world.

I dread to f***ing think

"I'd be foolish if I didn't have a plan to deal with (Cabaye) going. We have. But at moment, we don't actually know whether that club is willing to sell … We're getting near the end of the window now & we have to be very careful."

:facepalm:

That is truly astonishing , great plan  :'(

Well you could always have had Randy Lerner continue to bankroll Martin O'Neill as an alternative.

Doesn't even make the most sense financially. Could just hold onto him for 6 months, if his form keeps up plus a World Cup we should easily be able to get a larger fee and the squad is in better shape. Ashley is the most ineffective penny pincher ever.

Could be seen as the same as his lack of ambition. The fat fucker won't speculate to accumulate, he much rather cuts costs than try and bring revenue up.