Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I've been expecting this for ages now and tbh, I'd be happy with either Grenier/Cabella coming in, it's all down to how much they charge though.

Cabaye will be incredibly difficult to replace, we all know that, as he's been probably our star performer this season. I'm just so apathetic right now, I'd rather move on, be glad he's not joining another rival PL club and look ahead.

Guest firetotheworks

£20m is not his value like. 10 years ago maybe, not now. Much nearer £30m for a player of his quality and versatility.

Guest neesy111

Everyone knows we've got loads of money now, no idea why this would make it more likely that we'll spend in the next few days. It's the total opposite IMO.

Yeap, blatant excuse of being priced out of the market now.

Guest bimpy474

Everyone knows we've got loads of money now, no idea why this would make it more likely that we'll spend in the next few days. It's the total opposite IMO.

Exactly why our policy of not getting a replacement in first is fucking mental. And why the thick cunts running the club cant see it is beyond logic.

Exactly.

Reckon we will make PSG wait until we get a replacement in like Chelsea did with the Mata deal / sarc

Given the inevitability of Cabaye's sale, if we were sensible we'd have a 'gentleman's agreement' with another club, and Mr X would be through the door sharpish. "Look, we're probably gonna get ~£20m off PSG in the next few days - when that happens, we'll give you £? for him." No haggling needed.

We have every means of signing a replacement this window so, if we don't, we'll know that it was never planned to.

Yeap, blatant excuse of being priced out of the market now.

We have an excuse for tomorrow, the derby and not signing anybody this window.

Exactly why our policy of not getting a replacement in first is fucking mental. And why the thick cunts running the club cant see it is beyond logic.

because the club isn't run on football terms but business terms its as simple as that.

Guest bimpy474

@MsiDouglas: ...for this to put contingencies in place. Sissoko likely to fill hole in meantime. #nufc

That means Ben Arfa starts, it has to.

:pardsgrin: :pards: :pardsbeard: :llorente?:

I've supported this club for nearly 16 years and this type of s*** has been going on throughout the entirety of that time. I just f***ing despair. Looks like the most we're getting from this deal would be just under £25m which is a very good price considering we paid less than £5m for him two and a half years ago. I can't blame Cabaye for wanting to join one of the richest and most upcoming clubs in football but it is still the French league and in that respect he is taking a step back to where he came from. As long as we get a suitable replacement who is on par or has the potential to be as good as Cabaye (Grenier/Cabella) and a striker with the money then I won't be too disappointed. It is just the timing of it yet again puts us in hot water.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we tried to push through a Cabella deal now we have then influx of cash but we'll have to wait and see.

What I am disappointed in however is AP's comments saying that we are not fighting for the Champions League. It was only last month that he said if his players think they can reach the CL then they should prove it. Now obviously being 7 points from 4th placed Liverpool (4 points if we beat Norwich tomorrow) doesn't do enough proving for Pardew. It's just the attitude that stinks. Well 'we're not a Spurs an Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U, City or Chelsea. It's just an excuse to not try any harder than you have to and it's total BS.

Two words 'useless cunt'

Guest bimpy474

@MsiDouglas: ...for this to put contingencies in place. Sissoko likely to fill hole in meantime. #nufc

That means Ben Arfa starts, it has to.

Mick meet Gabriel; Gabriel this is Mick

I fear Shola up top with Remy wide, Sissoko where Cabaye was.

4-4-2 / 4-3-3......it'll be Shola.

We just have to target the right club, I joked about him earlier but Derby are pretty fucked right and Hughes is fairly highly rated in the game?

Some clubs can be fussy when it comes to money when they know you have just got a load of cash but if a starving man sees you have a bag full of burgers he would still accept one rather than moan you could give him three :dontknow:

Guest VanBarduck

I sold him to Benfica on FIFA for £23m.  Even I'm better at negotiating a fee on a measly computer game.

And I replaced him with Paul Pogba for £15m.

:memelol: