Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

His work rate was exceptional too, I had a really dodgy signal on my telly so there was a number of times I was wondering who it was bombing about closing down and putting on pressure, every time it ended up being this sexy little bugger.

Guest VanBarduck

4YohanCabaye amazing YT channel , tons of video of him and other players  :smitten:

While i searched for that i found this.... BenArfa10i :sweetjesus:

me too  :cheesy:

Those guys must be registered in this forum

Cynical mode: ON

Probably the start of Pardew trying to make sure Cabaye is here next season. Not arguing with that of course.

Agree, and Pardew knows it.

Plus with Cabaye as skipper we're a hell of a lot more likely to hold on to our other top players.

Cynical mode: ON

Probably the start of Pardew trying to make sure Cabaye is here next season. Not arguing with that of course.

If he wasn't a good choice to be captain and it looked like Pardew was pandering to a favourite, I might agree with your cynicism.

I don't agree with your cynicism.

Well there's already a vice-captain of the club who's had the armband when Colo has been out of the team this season (including last week), and not only is he fit he's in the side today. Making Cabaye the captain is a natural choice that I think everyone agrees with, but the point is that it's a clear change from previous policy. Hope it works.

Well there's already a vice-captain of the club who's had the armband when Colo has been out of the team this season (including last week), and not only is he fit he's in the side today. Making Cabaye the captain is a natural choice that I think everyone agrees with, but the point is that it's a clear change from previous policy. Hope it works.

Jonas is as professional as they come. Don't think he'll mind too much, sure he might be a bit miffed but I have no doubt he has the club's interests at heart so even if that means stepping aside in terms of the captaincy then so be it [/ideally].