Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

This has evolved into the kind of situation that Ashley loves to exploit.  Disaffected player who is either refusing to play or is being stopped from playing showing that a problem exists within the club.  Ashley would be hanging in there monitoring the situation in the hope of getting the player for a knock down price in a take it or leave it offer.

Arsenal won't pay anything like what Ashley wants especially for a player they don't particularly need.

If the club is preventing Cabaye from playing then and then trying to say he is the one refusing to play, it could cause upset amongst the other players.  It happened with Carroll when other players were angry about how the events of that day played out and Enrique used it as a reason to leave.

Depends how much the fans demand transfers. Ashley probably see's arsenal with lots of money & a time limit/pressure to use it, they've recognised Cabaye as one place to spend & he'll be relying on that pressure increasing as the days go.

thing is though is they really don't need him, Wilshire, Ramsey, Cazorla, and Rosicky for the more creative positions, Arteta and soon enough Flamini for the more defensive position in their side. So why in gods name would they spend in or around £20m for him when there is other positions they do actually need players for.

Exactly, Ashley is waiting on PSG because of the silly money they have not Arsenal.

Amazed anyone could be devastated, tbh. He was a big upgrade on Nolan as a footballer but next to some of the CMs we've had over the past 15 years he's not fit to lick their underpants. He's one of the better players of an underwhelming squad with a reputation that outweighs his actual effectiveness.

Enlighten me which midfielders you're talking about.

Count me in. Preferably if you could go a bit outside of the box and count out Speed and Lee.

This has evolved into the kind of situation that Ashley loves to exploit.  Disaffected player who is either refusing to play or is being stopped from playing showing that a problem exists within the club.  Ashley would be hanging in there monitoring the situation in the hope of getting the player for a knock down price in a take it or leave it offer.

Arsenal won't pay anything like what Ashley wants especially for a player they don't particularly need.

If the club is preventing Cabaye from playing then and then trying to say he is the one refusing to play, it could cause upset amongst the other players.  It happened with Carroll when other players were angry about how the events of that day played out and Enrique used it as a reason to leave.

Depends how much the fans demand transfers. Ashley probably see's arsenal with lots of money & a time limit/pressure to use it, they've recognised Cabaye as one place to spend & he'll be relying on that pressure increasing as the days go.

thing is though is they really don't need him, Wilshire, Ramsey, Cazorla, and Rosicky for the more creative positions, Arteta and soon enough Flamini for the more defensive position in their side. So why in gods name would they spend in or around £20m for him when there is other positions they do actually need players for.

Rosicky is done.

Amazed anyone could be devastated, tbh. He was a big upgrade on Nolan as a footballer but next to some of the CMs we've had over the past 15 years he's not fit to lick their underpants. He's one of the better players of an underwhelming squad with a reputation that outweighs his actual effectiveness.

Completely agree. If he was as good as people are saying he is, he'd have looked a lot better in the last 12 months or so, no matter how garbage the tactics are/were. Often he'd be one of the worst ones on the field in terms of rank ineffectiveness - there's no way that playing a centre-mid too deep suddenly means they forget how to pass or tackle.

Count me in. Preferably if you could go a bit outside of the box and count out Speed and Lee.

Is this a joke? Batty, Pedro, Speed, Hamann, Lee, Dyer and Parker were all more effective PL players.

Guest palnese

I wouldn't sell for any price, as we wouldn't get anyone get anyone anywhere as good as him to replace him.

The little bitch is under contract, deal with it.

I wouldn't sell for any price, as we wouldn't get anyone get anyone anywhere as good as him to replace him.

the question a normal club would ask in this situation is how much effort will he really put in if he doesn't go? All our club considers is price however

Ask them, they put the initial bid in didnt they. They are willing to spend money on Cabaye, maybe not 20m but thats what Ashley is looking to test. He just wants a bidding war.

Ask them, they put the initial bid in didnt they. They are willing to spend money on Cabaye, maybe not 20m but thats what Ashley is looking to test. He just wants a bidding war.

And I really don't know why they put in a bid in the first place, what they need ultimately is a striker and a defender so they go for another creative midfielder :dontknow:

Is this a joke? Batty, Pedro, Speed, Hamann, Lee, Dyer and Parker were all more effective PL players.

Besides that fact it´s over 15 years since Pedro and Batty played for us, I would find it very hard to agree that Cabaye is not fit to lick Hamann, Dyer and Parkers underpants :lol:

Moving on then.

the question a normal club would ask in this situation is how much effort will he really put in if he doesn't go? All our club considers is price however

I for one can't see Cabaye sulking and not trying. That's crazy talk.

That's why in one way it will be interesting to see him in an Arsenal side, I have a feeling he'll look a lot better than he ever would in a Pardew one.

I'd be absolutely amazed if Arsenal get close to spending £20m on anyone let alone Cabaye

Panic sets in at this time of year. Bluffs have been called and clubs that need to sign players, sometimes just to prove they are in the market, pay silly money.

I'd be absolutely amazed if Arsenal get close to spending £20m on anyone let alone Cabaye

Panic sets in at this time of year. Bluffs have been called and clubs that need to sign players, sometimes just to prove they are in the market, pay silly money.

yes but this is Arsene Wenger we're on about