Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Set pieces in general were much improved; most probably because Barton was nowhere near them!

Harsh on Barton imo.. I think most of his corners last season was class

Set pieces in general were much improved; most probably because Barton was nowhere near them!

Harsh on Barton imo.. I think most of his corners last season was class

when we had Carroll who is hard to miss on them anyway

I thought Joey took one or two, almost certain he took a decent free kick in the first half.  Cabaye was on corners, anything in shooting range Raylor and long free kicks seemed to be taken predominantly by Raylor as well. 

I did notice Joey seemed to take up the Nolan position from corners and set pieces, in and around the goalkeeper making a nuisance of himself, should have been rewarded with a goal as well, but for Larsson's great save.

Noticed Steven Taylor taking up Nolans roll of miming the goalkeeper directly infron of him, whilst we have a free kick.

:lol: :lol: Went down well with the away end, totally pointless though as he ended up moving before free kick, he was stood about 8 yards offside!

I thought Joey took one or two, almost certain he took a decent free kick in the first half.  Cabaye was on corners, anything in shooting range Raylor and long free kicks seemed to be taken predominantly by Raylor as well. 

I did notice Joey seemed to take up the Nolan position from corners and set pieces, in and around the goalkeeper making a nuisance of himself, should have been rewarded with a goal as well, but for Larsson's great save.

Thought the same. Don't know if that's where he should be during corners, though. Probably would be better for him to wait outside of the box to take a shot.

Thought the same. Don't know if that's where he should be during corners, though. Probably would be better for him to wait outside of the box to take a shot.

Nah, that's Tiote's job  :snod:

Joey definitely took some corners.  Looks like Joey, Cabaye and Raylor are sharing set piece duties.

Joey definitely took some corners.  Looks like Joey, Cabaye and Raylor are sharing set piece duties.

When?  He did against Arsenal, he didn't against the mackems.  Cabaye took all of them except when he was off at the end, Cheik took it and kept it in the corner with Jonas.

Cabaye has been taken aback by the passion of United fans since his arrival and after witnessing more of the same at the Stadium of Light he told the Chronicle: “Since I have been here, this is just normal behaviour – they’re simply fantastic.

“Now the fans can carry this result at Sunderland through the season.

“They can fly the flag in the region because they are as you say top dogs.

“It is our title until the next game we play against them in March next year.”

Gwan.

I pick up a distinct Thierry Henry-advert-sounding accent he has from reading that. They are, as you say, top dogs? :)

Can't wait for his first goal. Next game please.

That motherfucker needs to do some adverts. I need some new wanking material.

Really liking this guy. Can see him becoming a damn fine player for us the more he gets suited to the PL.

I pick up a distinct Thierry Henry-advert-sounding accent he has from reading that. They are, as you say, top dogs? :)

Can't wait for his first goal. Next game please.

That motherfucker needs to do some adverts. I need some new wanking material.

Really liking this guy. Can see him becoming a damn fine player for us the more he gets suited to the PL.

Has the potential to be one of the best midfielders in the club has had.

Hard not to get excited about him. He's got all the makings of a club captain too.

It was the bit about him going with his wife to see the region, after he made the move, that stole my heart.

Anyone who has a desire to settle in Northumberland/Tyneside has my backing.