Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

There was one point when he got the ball in the middle of the park and without even adjusting his body or looking, he just passed it over the top about 40 yards to Obertan on the wing. This lad is going to be some player for us.

Wait until he has Ben Arfa running onto those balls, it will be stunning to watch.

Guest bimpy474

How can they not mention him on motd, if it was a Chelsea, Man Shitty or Liverpool midfielder they would be going ape.

Shithouses.

Let's just keep him below the radar

This, this and more of this.

Agreed ;)

I like the thought that PL managers watch MOTD to work out who to buy :laugh:

Was concerned after the 120 minutes on Thursday that he'd fade today, but he was class yet again. Few decent shots as well (including the dipping half-volley for Best's first goal). His set pieces are 1000% better than Barton's too. It's great to have a CM partnership that you're proud of.

Another point. I mean this in a strictly athletic sense, but he's got to be one of the fittest midfielders we've had on our books for years? Tenacious, non-stop performance against the Mackems, 120 minutes away from home in midweek, and another 90 today. Fit as fuck like.

Another point. I mean this in a strictly non-athletic sense, but he's got to be one of the fittest midfielders we've had on our books for years? Fit as fuck like.

Yeah I was thinking Cabaye and Barton maybe too similar in the same team, although I thought we missed Barton in the first 15 minutes massively.

It's only a matter of time before he scores.

Guest sydneycove

If we didn't just concentrate on contract clauses and showed some ambition by spending the big bucks we could have signed a player like Henderson.

Always passing sideways or backwards, breaking up his own teams attack with indecisiveness and negative passing?

Guest ykmkmdd

Canny stat the commentator mentioned that apparently Cabaye had checked his own performance figures and had covered twice as much ground in the Arsenal game as he would in an average Lille match - once he gets fully up to the pace of the Prem he's going to be fantastic.

He's slotted into the team without any transition period. Can shoot, can pass and really covers the ground. Not much of a tackler, but he's prepared to track back and get in the way. Great attitude on him and a fantastic buy.

Feisty little fucker isn't he, loves getting stuck in and having a bit of a row with the opposition  :lol:

Nice to have a head up footballer that always looks to get the ball forward.  Seems to love the fans already as well, was buzzing when he was running over to take corners, Joey never seemed arsed, Cabaye is far better looking as well  :snod:

You can tell he still isn't quite used to the pace of our game, yet he still looks class  :smitten:

Guest ShearerWHC

Looks really class. When wingers and strikers get used to his long balls, it'll even step up his performances

Looks really class. When wingers and strikers get used to his long balls, it'll even step up his performances

Exactly. He's managing to look good with very little movement in the team, hopefully when that improves he's going to look even better.