Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Cabaye is one of the best signings we've made in years. He was basically the figurehead for a new era IMO.

I struggle to separate him and Tiote in terms of importance. Tiote was the difference between survival and relegation in his first year and gave us something we've lacked in midfield for years.

Guest BooBoo

Tiote had a bit of a second season syndrome for us last year. I think he only had seven or eight games where he excelled.

I've attribute that more to his season being stop start due to injuries etc.

Yeah, probably true. Seemed to have a very disrupted season with injuries, suspensions and the CON.

To make it clear they are both important as each other for us( for different reasons), and as far as actual signings they were both as important as each other again. ( again for different reasons)

But if one of them were to leave tomorrow for 20m i think we would be able to replace Tiote easier than we would Cabaye.

I just think there's more players of Tiote's type around, than there is Cabaye.

As much as I love Yohan, Tiote would be the bigger loss imho.

Disagree, there's more Tiote's about than there are Cabaye's.

Disagree. Tiote's signing revolutionised us.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean there's no Tiote's around to replace him with.... that's more to do with how crap our transfer policy was and poor the signings were.

I stand by what i said, if you look around europe there's more player's of Tiote's ilk than Cabaye's.

Finding a creative midfielder that can play DM, deep CM or AM. Can tackle, intercept, press well, sit when needed, create and score goals is very rare.

Getting Cabaye for 4m was just ridiculous.

:thup:

'it doesn't surprise me to see his name linked with clubs like Manchester and Tottenham, but my advice to him would be for him to stay where he is one more year' - Houllier

f*** off Houllier.

Where the hell did this clown pipe up from this time?

'it doesn't surprise me to see his name linked with clubs like Manchester and Tottenham, but my advice to him would be for him to stay where he is one more year' - Houllier

Fuck off Houllier.

Thought he was dead tbh.