Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

You couldn't have watched Real Madrid at all last season then. Which is fair enough, not everybody wants to watch those cunts - but you're in no position to comment on whether fuss is justified.

Benzema was electric for Lyon in the champas league way back when too, struggling to see how you could have never seen him play well.

Top 3 striker in Europe this season in club football for me from what I've watched. He's made Higuain (who is one of my favourite players) look poor in comparison which is some feat.

RvP, Rooney, Zlatan all had good seasons. Gomez too even though in terms of all-round game he isn't in the same league as the others. I'd be tempted to say Aguero but he had a poor patch mid-season and was very iffy away from home.

Higuain tends to look that way when he's playing fits and starts though. Mint forward but Benzema has more to his game.

You couldn't have watched Real Madrid at all last season then. Which is fair enough, not everybody wants to watch those cunts - but you're in no position to comment on whether fuss is justified.

Benzema was electric for Lyon in the champas league way back when too, struggling to see how you could have never seen him play well.

Top 3 striker in Europe this season in club football for me from what I've watched. He's made Higuain (who is one of my favourite players) look poor in comparison which is some feat.

RvP, Rooney, Zlatan all had good seasons. Gomez too even though in terms of all-round game he isn't in the same league as the others. I'd be tempted to say Aguero but he had a poor patch mid-season and was very iffy away from home.

Higuain tends to look that way when he's playing fits and starts though. Mint forward but Benzema has more to his game.

Probably agree with that aside from Rooney being par. Didn't see enough of Gomez to give a proper opinion tbh although you can't knock his return. Spot on RE: Aguero although I'd semi-excuse it as first season syndrome, lovely player to watch though.

I didn't watch Gomez enough either, probably once or twice in the league plus the CL games. I don't think he's aplayer you need to watch though, his sole function is scoring goals and you can see whether he's doing that by looking at the stats. I don't particularly like him as a player but for efficiency there are few better and there is something quite impressive about such a shit touch/link-up/everything player to have the ability to be effective at the highest level.

He doesn't even have particularly good movement or mobility. Just great poaching skills. Maybe doing him a disservice with the movement bit but you get my drift.

I didn't watch Gomez enough either, probably once or twice in the league plus the CL games. I don't think he's aplayer you need to watch though, his sole function is scoring goals and you can see whether he's doing that by looking at the stats. I don't particularly like him as a player but for efficiency there are few better and there is something quite impressive about such a shit touch/link-up/everything player to have the ability to be effective at the highest level.

He doesn't even have particularly good movement or mobility. Just great poaching skills. Maybe doing him a disservice with the movement bit but you get my drift.

:thup: Like a young Francis Jeffers.

Falcao too..... Benzema was brilliant this season though if we are not going to include Messi and Ronaldo then he's definitely top 3 for this season for me along with Zlatan and RVP.

Rooney was great in front of goal and when Man U needed him to score he usually came up with the goods but he sacrificed his overall play for goals a lot like whole he did a few years ago when he obtained a similar goal haul... where as Zlatan and Benzema scored goals by the bucketload and create shit loads too.

Benzema has been poor in this tournament though, which has about as much to do with adapting than anything else.... he was told to play like he does in Madrid but unfortunatly France dont have players like Ronaldo, Higuian and even Di Maria making runs beyond Benzema when he drops deep.

Quality player though, theres no doubt about that.....

Falcao good shout, done really well considering the pressure of the fee. Cavani too actually, especially considering he really turned up in the CL with the exception of the 2nd leg against Chelsea.

Maybe there's more top class forwards in Europe atm than I give credit for. Especially now :papiss: is gonna have a full season.

Falcao too..... Benzema was brilliant this season though if we are not going to include Messi and Ronaldo then he's definitely top 3 for this season for me along with Zlatan and RVP.

Rooney was great in front of goal and when Man U needed him to score he usually came up with the goods but he sacrificed his overall play for goals a lot like whole he did a few years ago when he obtained a similar goal haul... where as Zlatan and Benzema scored goals by the bucketload and create shit loads too.

Benzema has been poor in this tournament though, which has about as much to do with adapting than anything else.... he was told to play like he does in Madrid but unfortunatly France dont have players like Ronaldo, Higuian and even Di Maria making runs beyond Benzema when he drops deep.

not really, Rooney basically played as a midfielder this season, way different to 2010 when he was a lone striker feeding off crosses from the likes of Valencia and sacrificed his all round game to be more of a machine. he's maybe not captured the headlines, or even dominated with assists, but he had much more influence on the flow of the game than usual playing deeper.

not really, Rooney basically played as a midfielder this season, way different to 2010 when he was a lone striker feeding off crosses from the likes of Valencia and sacrificed his all round game to be more of a machine. he's maybe not captured the headlines, or even dominated with assists, but he had much more influence on the flow of the game than usual playing deeper.

Agreed, apart from the odd barren patch (Rooney seems to always be like this) I thought he was excellent last season. Seemed to go a bit under the radar just how good he was too.

I rate Benzema very highly. Shocking tournament though, no getting away from it - can seldom remember a player so good playing that badly at a tournament. He could have played another 10 matches and not scored at that rate.

I rate Benzema very highly. Shocking tournament though, no getting away from it - can seldom remember a player so good playing that badly at a tournament. He could have played another 10 matches and not scored at that rate.

I think you called it before the tournament about them needing to play 4-4-2.

Not having a genuine #10 for the first time in forever seemed to be a massive burden. Benzema, Nasri, Ribery all had tentative goes at being the team's natural playmaker but just got in each others way. Against in England in particular they were all in the same area of the pitch.

Thing is ironically after the commentator's comment in the first game Giroud (in his brief cameos) has been like what I'd expect Grant Holt to be at international level, a free-kick conceding machine.