Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

All this pre-match Cabaye praise = guaranteed stinker :lol:

He's only had 1 decent game anyway IMO. Didn't really shine v England.

Au contraire mon ami. I thought he had a very good first game. He kept the ball moving and fed Nasri and Ribery time and time again. Also had a few good efforts on target. The standout performer for France by a mile in this tournament.

This, plus he was only a whisker from getting a winner against England if it was'nt for Welbeck flicking out his ankle he would have volleyed one in the bottom corner.... everyone would have praised him to ridiculous levels.

Show's the fine lines between " didn't really shine" and "motm performance"

In a 4-3-3, where does Tiote fit?

Alonside him in the midfield 3 of course.... in any case i thought he was better against England than he was at Ukraine..... i actually thought he struggled to get a stranglehold on the game against Ukraine until about 5 mins before his goal.... where as against England he had a foothold on the whole game for pretty much the first 5 mins to the last 5 mins.

Either that or as a CB, so he can use his composure in the tackle and ability on the ball to bring it out from the back.

It would also be interesting to see him tried as an attacking left full-back.

http://sarcasmmeter.net/sarcasm_detector.jpg

In a 4-3-3, where does Tiote fit?

RB-CB-CB-LB

:tiote:

CM-CM

RF-CF-LF

I see it more as:

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Santon

Tiote Jonas

Cabaye

HBA                                    Ba

Cisse

Hopefully with Simpson replaced by Debuchy.

Or as the most advanced of the midfield 3, pushing forward into an almost #10 position. That way he can use his natural ability to slow the game down to his own pace and pick defence splitting passes for the forward players. The lack of defensive burden on Cheick's shoulders will be liberating for his natural playmaking capabilities.

Final option would be try him in goal, thus freeing up Krul to be more influential further up the pitch.

Definitely biased, but he was probably their best player in the tournament IMO.

He was..... thier midfield is lost without him and defensively they were poor and going forward none of the attackers turned up.... Easily the best player.

You couldn't have watched Real Madrid at all last season then. Which is fair enough, not everybody wants to watch those cunts - but you're in no position to comment on whether fuss is justified.

Benzema was electric for Lyon in the champas league way back when too, struggling to see how you could have never seen him play well.

You couldn't have watched Real Madrid at all last season then. Which is fair enough, not everybody wants to watch those cunts - but you're in no position to comment on whether fuss is justified.

Benzema was electric for Lyon in the champas league way back when too, struggling to see how you could have never seen him play well.

Top 3 striker in Europe this season in club football for me from what I've watched. He's made Higuain (who is one of my favourite players) look poor in comparison which is some feat.