Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

If it's wisdom teeth then it is somewhat understandable - they are a right f***er. Too much pain.

In high school one of my teammates had his wisdom teeth taken out and played the same day. Then proceed to get a ball kicked right to his face, still played on.

Point of the story is, Cabaye isn't dedicated.

http://i.imgur.com/Y4z3y.gif

:lol:

He's a smart lad which cuts both ways, not going to make stupid lateral moves for the sake of it but probably aware of his own career more than any overriding club loyalty, he wanted to prove himself in the premier league and can see him going to man u or someone sometime. Hope he stays a few more seasons though.

Guest hatem garrincha

Didn't he say in that French clip how HBA turned Spurs down?

In that clip,Cabaye said "if I really wanted to go to Tottenham, it was possible in the summer"

Guest hatem garrincha

The clip maker also said that Spur's offer was the only concrete offer made for Cabaye.

(No offer from ManU or Arsenal)

I get the impression most of the good players stuck around because they thought we would strengthen the team and kick on from what we achieved last season, I would imagine some of them being disillusioned by the window and possibly looking at the exit door in January or next summer.

Think about it, your a talented player in demand with bigger, spending clubs with more ambition with no real ties to NUFC, why wouldn't you leave for a club showing more ambition to win something and not to mention a hefty pay increase, without sounding like the usual media arseholes, I really do think we'll lose at least one "key" player in January.

I get the impression most of the good players stuck around because they thought we would strengthen the team and kick on from what we achieved last season, I would imagine some of them being disillusioned by the window and possibly looking at the exit door in January or next summer.

Think about it, your a talented player in demand with bigger, spending clubs with more ambition with no real ties to NUFC, why wouldn't you leave for a club showing more ambition to win something and not to mention a hefty pay increase, without sounding like the usual media arseholes, I really do think we'll lose at least one "key" player in January.

because you've signed a fixed term contract which you'd hide behind had you been crap and the club that holds your registration would need to agree a fee for you to move ? or do you want it all ways ?

Sounds just like an opinion formed from lazy journalism actually.

While of course we could and should have done more in the summer I still think there was a small net improvement by getting Anita,Bigi etc and only losing Best,Loven,Smith etc.

There's always a chance of losing someone in football nowadays but we've probably net gained in the last 3 or 4 windows. I'd hope we do the same again in January, but more so and particularly in key positions.

What I don't expect so see is any change in the "hardball" policy they have nowadays when it comes to buying and selling.

Even if it were true, who cares?

Why can't we just sit back and enjoy these players and if they leave then they leave then we deal with it when it happens.

This club was here long before Yohan Cabaye and will be here long after Yohan Cabaye.

Personally don't understand all this constant worrying about when/if players might leave, we have seen similar with Ben Arfa and others let's just enjoy them and be happy that they are our players and worry about these things when they happen.