Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Tbf he was from an offensive stand point but not from a defensive standpoint he was as good as ever but the reason he struggled was like everyone is he didn't have a clue what to do under Pardew's tactics.

I'm going to blame Pardew for that more than i am Cabaye, sure he could have done better but our system and style of play was the major culprits.

Hopefully in a improvement in style, new signings and key players returning will result in a upturn in results and form.

Before Cabaye got injured we'd lost 2 games. Since he's been injured we've lost 8 out of 10.

I seem to remember him getting stick off some for playing poorly. :lol:

Even him playing with an injury holds us together defensively and offensively. A massive, massive miss to the side.

the worry is that we panic and rush him, ben arfa and saylor back too early.

but what is the risk with his type of injury? If the stomach has healed it's healed. It wasn't really a footballing injury.

I'm pretty sure Gerrard has a recurring groin injury, just to name one example.

the worry is that we panic and rush him, ben arfa and saylor back too early.

but what is the risk with his type of injury? If the stomach has healed it's healed. It wasn't really a footballing injury.

I'm pretty sure Gerrard has a recurring groin injury, just to name one example.

Stomach/groin... Its all the same.

He's basically my last hope that we might turn things around.

Same here. I still think we look all over the place in central midfield with him out of the side, no matter who fills in. It's as though the rest have no positional awareness, and there are massive gaps too frequently.

We'd probably be coping with this situation a lot better if we had figured out a way to keep Guthrie, come to think of it.

Hopefully one of the lessons learned from the summer is the importance of trying to hold on to squad players like Guthrie and Best.

Can't wait to see a midfield trio of Cabaye, Anita and Marveaux in action.

Pardew having the balls to drop Tiote and Jonas :yao:

Anyway we need him back something serious i hope he's back for Norwich.

Tiote's away to the ACON after Brighton, so we have the prospect of those three pulling the strings against Norwich, Reading and Villa at least.

We'd probably be coping with this situation a lot better if we had figured out a way to keep Guthrie, come to think of it.

Hopefully one of the lessons learned from the summer is the importance of trying to hold on to squad players like Guthrie and Best.

We offered Guthrie a pretty decent deal by all accounts, his decision to go hunting regular first team football.

That back fired for him in quite spectacular fashion.

I think Bigi is similar to him in the sense of positional sense and overall football brain....

No coincidence that against Arsenal and Man Utd when he started we looked quite good with him on and were over the f*cking place when Pards took him off.

Also don't get me started on Tiote when it comes to positional sense because he has none :lol:

Cabaye's defensive work that led to all those clean sheets has long gone under appreciated we look like Arsenal at the moment except we can't create for shit.