Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

if true, everyone who hated on that celebration is going to feel like absolute s***.

Cabaye, though, also said he felt emotional afterwards, dedicating the goal to a friend.

He said: “I dedicate the goal to somebody who lost his wife two or three days ago.

“His name is Ali and he is a close friend. I want to think about him.”

However, he left the final word with the brilliant Toon Army after they made the game at Villa Park feel like a home encounter.

He said: “Every game now we have our fans behind us. They were fantastic again at Villa.

“That’s why we went over together to thank them for their support.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/01/30/yohan-cabaye-delighted-with-win-over-aston-villa-72703-32708016/2/#ixzz2JU5LLNQf

if true, everyone who hated on that celebration is going to feel like absolute s***.

Cabaye, though, also said he felt emotional afterwards, dedicating the goal to a friend.

He said: “I dedicate the goal to somebody who lost his wife two or three days ago.

“His name is Ali and he is a close friend. I want to think about him.”

However, he left the final word with the brilliant Toon Army after they made the game at Villa Park feel like a home encounter.

He said: “Every game now we have our fans behind us. They were fantastic again at Villa.

“That’s why we went over together to thank them for their support.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/01/30/yohan-cabaye-delighted-with-win-over-aston-villa-72703-32708016/2/#ixzz2JU5LLNQf

Yup.

Was f***ed by the end. Hope he hasn't injured himself. Saw him hobble a few times but a massive performance from him. Always confident we can get something out of a game with him on the pitch.

Just back from the match... Any word on his injury? He could hardly move last 20 mins... Looked like a groin problem...

PS He was loving the fans... Was still turning back to applaud them even inside the tunnel...

That heart celebration is f***ing s*** and footballers need to f***ing knock it off.

How come?

Bit baffled at his daftness myself.

He can celebrate by scratching his arse, blowing his nose or whatever as long as he DOES score - and beauties like last nights even more so

(As long as it isn't that irritating rocking the baby idiocy)

Guest bimpy474

That heart celebration is fucking shit and footballers need to fucking knock it off.

Cab's did it because of a friend of his, the friends wife died a few days before the game. So i read. Bit more understandable than when Bale does it.

His celebration was proper class last night. Loved it - really feel like he loves each and every one of us  :love:

Every time when one of the new lads did something good last night, he'd go and give them 5. Definitely a captain.

the point when Gutierrez had that C**nts studs down the back of his calf ..it was Yohan over there calming things down  :)