Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

If you feel one player's going to drag us through this (apart from HBA), after the way he played yesterday, it's him. He had an aggression and confidence about him that we've really been lacking for a while. Hopefully we play him in his best position from now on.

Only seen the highlights on MotD but it looked like he was used further up the pitch than earlier on in the season?

Has in injury there are worried about it but fortunately does not look too bad.

Expected Yo to be able to play full game with work he has done, is why he felt ok to replace Marv but then Yo got injured.

You made that up?

From Pards on NUFCTV.

As for Matv sub in my opinion he was not in the game 2nd half we were under pressure Perch was not a bad choice to bring on, Cabaye getting injured was a huge blow.

Come on man, we were only 1-0 up and you bring off our attacking midfielder for a far inferior utility man? It's not like Mancini bringing on Nigel de Jong to shore his side up (I realise he isn't there any more), it's fucking James Perch. If we're looking impotent in the final 3rd then you bring on some fresh attacking legs, you don't resign yourself to defeat and remove your main creative outlet, especially when your only other creative outlet left in the squad has said at half time that he's struggling.

Went to this game (yeah I know, it was all my fault) and I tell you what, Cabaye felt like your captain. Barely a couple of minutes went along without him talking to everyone, getting them into position. Coloccini to his credit did this as well but Cabaye I thought stood out in that aspect. Having him on the pitch as much as possible is going to be massive for you. He was easily your best player.

Went to this game (yeah I know, it was all my fault) and I tell you what, Cabaye felt like your captain. Barely a couple of minutes went along without him talking to everyone, getting them into position. Coloccini to his credit did this as well but Cabaye I thought stood out in that aspect. Having him on the pitch as much as possible is going to be massive for you. He was easily your best player.

He has been such an unbelievable miss for us this season (and I think I underestimated his importance to Pardews team at the time if I'm honest), and could be our most important player for the remainder.

If he stays fit, I think we'll be ok.

Agree completely :thup: