Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Quite surprised by the low scores in the matchday thread. Thought he was our best outfield player, with Sissoko maybe. Works incredibly hard for the team, is a leader out there and provides end product too. Really hope we can hold on to him for years to come.

Its a weird one, but i swear he is playing better this year than he was last year (not that he was bad) but outside of that spell in the 4-2-3-1, he was not as good as this season tbh. My opinion only like but i think he has fully settled into this league now :)

Quite surprised by the low scores in the matchday thread. Thought he was our best outfield player, with Sissoko maybe. Works incredibly hard for the team, is a leader out there and provides end product too. Really hope we can hold on to him for years to come.

His passing was all over the place most of the game tbf. Although in fairness the whole team were really poor at passing last night. Only Perch and Santon gave it to their own teammates consistently.

After he came back he looks even more determined to make this a great club to be at and follow. Think the aspiration of the owners to just gather the next big france team in one bunch at club level have made him feel committed. Making a captain at club level here would surely also see him captain the national side at some point.

His celebration was proper class last night. Loved it - really feel like he loves each and every one of us  :love:

Every time when one of the new lads did something good last night, he'd go and give them 5. Definitely a captain.

copying Gareth Bale :anguish:

The heart thing? He used to do that in France.

His celebration was proper class last night. Loved it - really feel like he loves each and every one of us  :love:

Every time when one of the new lads did something good last night, he'd go and give them 5. Definitely a captain.

I didn't notice the heart thing at the time, just the whole coming over to the fans from the other half and chest beating.

How we acquired himself and Ben Arfa for about 10mil is one of life's great mysteries.

Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Mbiwa, Sissoko and Debuchy for less than 25m.

Those 5 are all full internationals. Debuchy and Cabaye are first choice at the moment and the other 3 should/could be back in swing. Its Insane man!

what a f***ing strike man, what a guy....would say he's my 'favourite' but there's so many likeable characters at the minute :lol:

Same man, I'll say Colo, Cabaye, Cisse, Ben Arfa but now you add the new lads - I can't ever choose.

I didn't notice the heart thing at the time, just the whole coming over to the fans from the other half and chest beating.

The heart thing is ubiquitous, I wouldn't read it as copying Bale.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRO96Nguw2l2yvyEUGgIwZ6Jvy8N3rhqGBb9PkSaCfDpzEielayJw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtQFz8PjM5ndhGL5-JN1VBOGkKkw0_WijVu7dPp4ZU5NdgA_mg

http://www.fundaciondelcorazon.com/images/stories/boletines/antonio-lopez-imagen-dia-mundial-corazon-trabaja.jpg

Just a few off my head from La Liga...