Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

i'm not concerned about the niggly ones. It's the borderline reds that get me, Remember when he came back from injury. At least twice in his first 4 games he put in a real bad challenge for no reason.

At least the yellow that he didn't get at Benfica was when they where actually attacking.

I actually prefer him deep and orchestrating attacks.

However there is a fine line between playing deep and playing so deep you are practically a DM.

Cabaye is overstepping that line at the moment so we need Tiote back to free him up a little bit.

As bad as Tiote has been individually he does allow Cabaye more freedom just by being there.

Hopefully he is back soon.

I've only seen the second half of the game on Sunday, but I thought he was excellent. I wonder if the "Cabaye-complacency" are starting to show again? We've seen it before at the start of this season and around January last season, he comes in and is excellent for a few games, then just because he's keeping things simple most of the times and don't do anything extraordinary, people are saying he's been below par when he really hasn't.

I've only seen the second half of the game on Sunday, but I thought he was excellent. I wonder if the "Cabaye-complacency" are starting to show again? We've seen it before at the start of this season and around January last season, he comes in and is excellent for a few games, then just because he's keeping things simple most of the times and don't do anything extraordinary, people are saying he's been below par when he really hasn't.

Problem is he spoils us

I'm sure it was very recently that people were talking about how the break has done him wonders, glad he has beaten the depression because he looks much better then out of nowhere he has been "very poor again."

I'm sure it was very recently that people were talking about how the break has done him wonders, glad he has beaten the depression because he looks much better then out of nowhere he has been "very poor again."

Aye :lol: I was wondering the same. Was very quiet against Benfica, imo, but didn't give the ball away loads or anything.

I think this is spot on.  He might not be playing hollywood passes all the time but when he's in the team we have a decent link between defence and midfield.  Even if he's just doing the simple stuff like picking it up from the defence and playing a simple pass or spreading the play out wide he is essential to us.  Keeps us ticking over and keeps the ball moving.

I think he's playing a lot deeper due to a lack of Tiote. Same as last season too when a lot of people said that Guthrie looked better than him. To me that was because without Tiote he was playing within himself more to the benefit of the team as he has the ability to play deeper in a way Pardew demands compared to others.

Dhiasvega Rachdyan ‏@Dhiasmidfielder 3h

@CissePapiss i want get retweet from my newcastle player, 1 of them is you. so can u tell to @YCabayeofficiel to RT me, coz he's my idol

Retweeted by Cabaye.

This must be becoming a thing.

I think he's playing a lot deeper due to a lack of Tiote. Same as last season too when a lot of people said that Guthrie looked better than him. To me that was because without Tiote he was playing within himself more to the benefit of the team as he has the ability to play deeper in a way Pardew demands compared to others.

:thup: i see that as well.

Dhiasvega Rachdyan ‏@Dhiasmidfielder 3h

@CissePapiss i want get retweet from my newcastle player, 1 of them is you. so can u tell to @YCabayeofficiel to RT me, coz he's my idol

Retweeted by Cabaye.

This must be becoming a thing.

:lol:

Guest palnese

As a 2 in a 4-4-2 I can barely think of one game in which we were actually in control.

Manu (h) last season?

We hardly controlled the game.

Classic case of Tiote raising his game against better opposition, still remember them having a few good chances, but Man United's midfield isn't anything to shout about and their backline was nervous and we went for it. One of my favourite games from last season as we went for the throat and it worked. This season we'd have been/have been too nervous.

We were easily the best side from start to finish; Tiote was f***ing immense.

:snod: Tiote put in one of the best games I've seen any of our players play in a long time. The YouTube vid of him that game is awesome.

As a 2 in a 4-4-2 I can barely think of one game in which we were actually in control.

Manu (h) last season?

We definitely did, you don't need to do a Barca with 70% possession to control a game if you keep the opposition at arms length while threatening yourself then you are in control.

In that particular game we did just that.

Manu (h) last season?

We definitely did, you don't need to do a Barca with 70% possession to control a game if you keep the opposition at arms length while threatening yourself then you are in control.

In that particular game we did just that.

Yeah we blatantly did control the game, you were probably just caking it more when they got into our final third because it's Man United and they can magic something out of nothing.  We were great that day though.