Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Depressing 2 posts; Pardew's defeatist mentality has infected our own supporters.

[/quote

Depressing 2 posts; Pardew's defeatist mentality has infected our own supporters.

I wouldn't say its pardew, its just the club we are.

I wouldn't say its pardew, its just the club we are.

The club Ashley has turned us into; those of us who support it shouldn't can't fall into that same apathetic way of thinking, no matter how hard it is.

Really don't care if he goes or not. Its all good having talent in the squad, but if you aren't going to utilize it just cash in and spend it on cheaper players.

Man United don't have a midfield apart from Carrick, man. The White Djemba-Djemba is more or less first choice. Of course he could play for them, far worse players have played key roles for Man United sides over the years.

Gonna be mint when we flog him to somebody, everybody decides he wasn't that good anyway (despite moving to much bigger/wealthier club) and we inevitably fail to replace him, have an even smaller and less talented squad next season and we're still stuck with the cockend of a manager. What an exciting future for the club.

FWIW I'm coming from the angle that they could do much better.

Carrick - Kagawa will probably see them through the PL regardless.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10106326/Yohan-Cabaye-hints-at-Newcastle-exit-as-he-admits-he-would-be-interested-in-Manchester-United-move.html

"Meanwhile, Papiss Demba Cisse may refuse to wear a Newcastle shirt bearing the name of the club’s new sponsor, loan company Wonga. As a Muslim, he believes it infringes Sharia law and prevents him from promoting money lending."

:lol:

everything's coming up roses

FWIW it's so fucking depressing this like, the only hope is that during talks his agent explains his reason for wanting to leave is pardew and it wakes the cunts up

more likely however with PSG, Monaco, Arsenal and a few others looking to burn money this summer it'll be another guesswhowinsagain for MA

I would let him go with a fee around 15m-20m. I like Cabaye, to me he is the best player we have and whenever he plays the whole team raise to the other level (even if he is playing shit). But the problem is obviously his attitude has changed after last summer and thus lead to a fucking poor season. And I can't see this being changed in the coming season as well. 

I won't place all the blame to Pardew because I believe a player should always give his all to the club even things aren't going on well.  That is professionalism. That is exactly when a star player should step up and save the team.  Cabaye has been a massive disappointment here.  Sad to see him go, but I believe we could really get a decent fee, because Ashley won't sell him for cheap.

I won't place all the blame to Pardew because I believe a player should always give his all to the club even things aren't going on well.  That is professionalism. That is exactly when a star player should step up and save the team. 

that is very easy to say but football is littered with examples of players not playing for the manager when he's lost them

they're not robots, they're like anyone else - there are people at work who i really dislike and i go out of my way not to do anything for them within the bounds of professionalism

the main difference with top-flight footballers is they're probably millionaire's so they can do what they like without fear

i prefer to look at it from cabaye's POV; he probably had clubs like arsenal sniffing about him when at Lille, was sold a vision of passing football and has spent 2 years hitting long balls and running around being scared of the other team...when you're winning i'm sure shit like that's easy to overlook but when you're losing it'll eat away at him

no-one likes being lied to, why should cabaye be any different?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10106326/Yohan-Cabaye-hints-at-Newcastle-exit-as-he-admits-he-would-be-interested-in-Manchester-United-move.html

"Meanwhile, Papiss Demba Cisse may refuse to wear a Newcastle shirt bearing the name of the club’s new sponsor, loan company Wonga. As a Muslim, he believes it infringes Sharia law and prevents him from promoting money lending."

FWIW it's so f***ing depressing this like, the only hope is that during talks his agent explains his reason for wanting to leave is pardew and it wakes the c***s up

more likely however with PSG, Monaco, Arsenal and a few others looking to burn money this summer it'll be another guesswhowinsagain for MA

The same Cisse who regularly gambles in Aspers?

Man United don't have a midfield apart from Carrick, man. The White Djemba-Djemba is more or less first choice. Of course he could play for them, far worse players have played key roles for Man United sides over the years.

Gonna be mint when we flog him to somebody, everybody decides he wasn't that good anyway (despite moving to much bigger/wealthier club) and we inevitably fail to replace him, have an even smaller and less talented squad next season and we're still stuck with the cockend of a manager. What an exciting future for the club.

FWIW I'm coming from the angle that they could do much better.

Carrick - Kagawa will probably see them through the PL regardless.

This was my point as well. :thup:

FWIW it's so f***ing depressing this like, the only hope is that during talks his agent explains his reason for wanting to leave is pardew and it wakes the c***s up

The same Cisse who regularly gambles in Aspers?

;D

Guest Phil K

Anyone who believes giving Pardew free reign to screw up again ISN'T a factor in players like Cabaye wanting to leave - I'm just incredulous anyone could think otherwise

Anyone who believes giving Pardew free reign to screw up again ISN'T a factor in players like Cabaye wanting to leave - I'm just incredulous anyone could think otherwise

The only way to keep them is to buy our way out of trouble, which won't happen without sales.

Club had the perfect opportunity to sack him, and bottled it. From now on the club is heading in one direction and that's reverse.