Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

@Neilfarrington 1m

Colo staying, Cabaye going. If it's for huge money, so be it. A quality player but not a reliable performer. #nufc

Starting to get nervous about this now. A low fee will make this hurt so much more.

"Relentless, unflinching negativity" it was called by several when I said he was nailed on to go this summer if Pardew kept his job.

I've no doubt that the deluded idiots who said that will find some way to defend us selling off our best players and keeping a dinosaur in charge of the team. This is the beginning of a mass exodus in terms of talent - Ben Arfa and Cisse are as good as gone too.

f***ing sick. There is literally nothing to look forward to next season. Another relegation dogfight managed by a c***, he himself employed by a bigger c***.

People will mock this but it's completely true.

Pardew's mismanagement last season is now costing us our best players, this is what we feared after finishing as low as we did. I just get the impression the Pardew factor is going to hit us with full effect now and we're just going to build a woeful side. That might be me being over negative after last season but we'll wait and see.

People can mock all they like, but it's been blatantly obvious for the last year.

We didn't invest, I complained and got mocked because we finished 5th.

We didn't sack a manager who was either going to relegate us, or keep us up by the skin of our teeth with bullshit tactics and woeful football.  I complained, got mocked at Christmas time for saying the writing was on the wall.

We survive, players disillusioned, they leave, leaving us with Alan fucking Pardew and a low to mid table club. 

If we'd just invested, or brought in someone decent to replace him and acknowledge that a train wreck of a season was unacceptable, then fine.

But Christ, this club is in serious trouble with Ashley and Dekka and Pardew circle-jerking in the boardroom and cleaning up with big piles of transfer money cash.

A lot of people have been mocked, they'll be mocked again pretty sharpish.  Honestly, give it 10 minutes, Ashley, Llambias and Pardew will be in the right again somehow here.

If Cabaye goes do we expect Debuchy to be wanting out too then?

Hes already been linked with Monaco, as has Mbiwa

Cash, cash, cash or even wonga if you like..

Debuchy said in the French press a week or so ago that he came to Newcastle regardless of Cabaye being here. I reckon he would have known then Cabaye was off.

@Neilfarrington 1m

Colo staying, Cabaye going. If it's for huge money, so be it. A quality player but not a reliable performer. #nufc

Starting to get nervous about this now. A low fee will make this hurt so much more.

And you'll have to change your avatar, bummer.

As poorly as he has played for a hefty proportion of the season, he's still a class player....his non-performances in 2012/13 could be down to a few things: Pardew, team stagnation, mental ill-health, whatever....but it would be such a shame to know we could have seen the best of him in a B+W shirt.

But like others, I cant wait to see how the millions will be spent strengthening the squad*

(*absorbed into the debt)

Guest bimpy474

I remember when some wanted him out, sulking, poor form, too slow etc. Like being dumped by a stunner you didn't realise was one. You don't know what you had until it was gone.

@Neilfarrington 1m

I hate shit like this, and people on here are guilty of saying it as well. Cabaye doesn't show up in some games, of course, but if he was as good as he can be every single week he wouldn't be anywhere near Newcastle bar once a season on an away game. Clubs like ours in our current state just don't have players who play quality stuff every single week, but I'd rather a player like Cayabe who is capable of special performances than some mediocre player who puts in one or two good shifts a season but starts most games. 

Well it's not a justification but it's how the market works and the sooner you realize that the better you'll be off mentally. I don't like selling our best players but I won't complain if we get a decent fee (up towards the £20m) but I will if we don't spend a bit of it to replace him.

I couldn't give a shit about how much we get for our players and we shouldn’t be in a position of having to sell them unless we want to for reasons other than financial.  We're a club that uses stability as the be all and end all while being happy to take money for players and ruining the possibility that we have of players playing together and growing as a team.  Losing players is actually a benefit to our shit manager because his excuse is in place. I now fully expect to be told part way through the season that we’re struggling because players are still settling in.

He's not a reliable performer because he's in a side where he simply cannot be expected to reliably perform :lol:

And of course players will want to be out, we're not exactly paying them a premium footballers rate and we're a fucking joke on the pitch owned by a cunt and managed by an idiot. Why would anyone want to stay if there was even a remote chance of a club with a hint of ambition sniffing around for them?

Guest bimpy474

Hes already been linked with Monaco, as has Mbiwa

Cash, cash, cash or even wonga if you like..

Debuchy said in the French press a week or so ago that he came to Newcastle regardless of Cabaye being here. I reckon he would have known then Cabaye was off.

Aye, and i think Debuchy has a bit of steel about him, he doesn't seem a sulker like Cabaye.

On the bright side (again if it is true) I trust the scouting network to get in some good players and they will have a lot more choice with more money to spend. I just hope Pardew does not come out with the "sovereign states" excuse.

He's not a reliable performer because he's in a side where he simply cannot be expected to reliably perform :lol:

And of course players will want to be out, we're not exactly paying them a premium footballers rate and we're a f***ing joke on the pitch owned by a c*** and managed by an idiot. Why would anyone want to stay if there was even a remote chance of a club with a hint of ambition sniffing around for them?

In a sentence.

Guest Nixon

Nope.

He's already said he didn't just move here because of Cabaye and regardless of where Cabaye ends up, he's staying.

And of course players will want to be out, we're not exactly paying them a premium footballers rate and we're a f***ing joke on the pitch owned by a c*** and managed by an idiot. Why would anyone want to stay if there was even a remote chance of a club with a hint of ambition sniffing around for them?

:thup:

It'll be £12m tops and we'll probably only be prepared to reinvest a third of it max.

That's the thing that annoys me the most. We won't see half this fee going in to the squad. A big fee only means we'll make a profit this window, which is scandalous after last season.

I really don't think the fee will be as high as some people are hoping.  We had one of the best keepers in the league in Shay Given.  We didn't even get £6m for him.

It'll be £12m tops and we'll probably only be prepared to reinvest a third of it max.

Can you see Ashley being nickel-n'-dimed by Monaco though? He knows they have cash to spend, he'll squeeze as much out of it as possible.

Guest bimpy474

Not to say this is right but Monaco have been buying players from Champions League teams, not sure why people think we could have held out.