Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

This all based on the assumption that it is actually what he thinks, right? He hasn't given much of an indication that this is the case, as far as I'm aware. Odd that people are hoping he does.

People are just hoping anything that will lead to Pardew getting the boot. Understandable if you hate him I suppose. Like you say though, no indication that Cabaye has a problem with Pardew really, or any other player for that matter.

honestly man, you two :lol:

It's a genuine question, like. If I'm wrong, feel free to tell me how.

was hoping you'd ask

why would i hope cabaye would come out and slate pardew as his reason for leaving?  because i've been able to see through him as a football manager for well over a season now, i know, i KNOW he's the main problem at our club just now as much as we all know he could have been backed better

cabaye came to us in the prime of his career and at the end of his first season went to a major tournament with france, he quite simply is never going to repeat that while he's working under fucking amateurs and people need to hear that man

you're right, i don't know he thinks any of this, but given the dramatic loss of form we've seen him take and his general body language over the last year and now being dropped before the game i'm guessing he's not overly enamoured with things at the toon?

maybe he's a greedy cunt, it's possible that that's all it is and pardew is a great fucking coach :lol:

in the immortal words of danny, why trust one drug and not the other eh boys?

We don't even know that he refused to play.

Hmmm I think Pardew's comments are pretty clear, not saying he refused point blank but he was not in the right frame of mind to play and in that situation you need to show faith in the players who want to be here.

Guest Roger Kint

Sniff of a bid and the lad decides he doesn't want to play makes me feel that he might not be all that content at a dog shit football side that has made no effort to better itself. I'd like to honestly hear why he'd jump so quickly. I'd be surprised if he blamed it on his team mates.

French journalists have been saying he has made it clear he wants to play for a CL team since the start of the summer though. One on the radio earlier repeated it saying 'its certainly not new information that he wants to go' and sure Pardew himself also confirmed it but said Cabaye would still give 100% if he didnt leave. Its hardly sniff of a bid or so quickly is it?

I'd say it's probably down to the Champions League football and playing for a better, or more likely to be successful, team, to be honest. Sure the pay hike will come into at some point too. He doesn't necessarily have to hate all things Newcastle in order to prefer a move away.

Never said "all things Newcastle", so I'd prefer it if you struck that off your post like, given we're once again playing the pedantry game.

We don't know why he wants to leave, I want to hear it from him, but on the off chance that we ever did hear our players be honest about the management, I bet there'd be a whole host of negative comments about the boys club. But we'll likely never know, and if it's not 100% proven, then I guess it can't be discussed?

Guest icemanblue

This all based on the assumption that it is actually what he thinks, right? He hasn't given much of an indication that this is the case, as far as I'm aware. Odd that people are hoping he does.

People are just hoping anything that will lead to Pardew getting the boot. Understandable if you hate him I suppose. Like you say though, no indication that Cabaye has a problem with Pardew really, or any other player for that matter.

honestly man, you two :lol:

It's a genuine question, like. If I'm wrong, feel free to tell me how.

was hoping you'd ask

why would i hope cabaye would come out and slate pardew as his reason for leaving?  because i've been able to see through him as a football manager for well over a season now, i know, i KNOW he's the main problem at our club just now as much as we all know he could have been backed better

cabaye came to us in the prime of his career and at the end of his first season went to a major tournament with france, he quite simply is never going to repeat that while he's working under fucking amateurs and people need to hear that man

you're right, i don't know he thinks any of this, but given the dramatic loss of form we've seen him take and his general body language over the last year and now being dropped before the game i'm guessing he's not overly enamoured with things at the toon?

maybe he's a greddy cunt, it's possible that that's all it is and pardew is a great fucking coach :lol:

in the immortal words of danny, why trust one drug and not the other eh boys?

So, like I said, it's based on an assumption. If you were hoping I'd ask, you could have answered that first time.

I'd say it's probably down to the Champions League football and playing for a better, or more likely to be successful, team, to be honest. Sure the pay hike will come into at some point too. He doesn't necessarily have to hate all things Newcastle in order to prefer a move away.

Not all of it, just the management of the first team. He spoke when he joined about joining the club to be the most important part of a passing team that uses possesion well, I wonder how he feels that particular part of his career move has worked out?

Are you serious here? How much more do need to hear? The guy didn't play, having travelled down there. Every report is that he said he "wasn't in the right mindset". How can you ever discuss anything football related if you don't think this much evidence is adequate?

aye what's this shit?  all things newcastle? :lol:

Hmmm I think Pardew's comments are pretty clear, not saying he refused point blank but he was not in the right frame of mind to play and in that situation you need to show faith in the players who want to be here.

Yeah, but not being in the right frame of mind is understandable. It's extremely different from refusing to play.

Think it's just a reaction to the amount of posts saying everything about our club would make any decent player want to leave immediately. There is plenty of that going on.

Yeah, but not being in the right frame of mind is understandable. It's extremely different from refusing to play.

It seems very fucking similar to me.

So, like I said, it's based on an assumption. If you were hoping I'd ask, you could have answered that first time.

i said i hope he comes out and slates pardew inochi, not that i knew what the guy's innermost thoughts were, again i fail to see your point amid the pedantry

Are you serious here? How much more do need to hear? The guy didn't play, having travelled down there. Every report is that he said he "wasn't in the right mindset". How can you ever discuss anything football related if you don't think this much evidence is adequate?

So how does that translate to him "refusing" to play?

There's a huge difference between not wanting to play and flat out refusing to.

If he did refuse to play he can fuck off.

It seems very fucking similar to me.

Really? I'm not having a go or trying to defend the indefensible etc etc here. In one, the player hears of a bid and is ruffled by it, then the mananger sends him home. In the other, he refuses to run out because he's desperate to move to Arsenal. They seem very different IMO.

Think it's just a reaction to the amount of posts saying everything about our club would make any decent player want to leave immediately. There is plenty of that going on.

ok fine, i haven't said that though...MY point was i hope he slates pardew because it's obvious that every single fucking player we have hates playing for the guy :lol:

that needs to be heard, sorry like but it does, unless he's sacked quickly

Guest icemanblue

Not all of it, just the management of the first team. He spoke when he joined about joining the club to be the most important part of a passing team that uses possesion well, I wonder how he feels that particular part of his career move has worked out?

Not very well, I'd imagine. Whether or not he'd be quite so damning of the manager/club for that, I really don't know. I'm certainly not going to pretend I do, just because I'm not keen on him.

Don't you think a player who really wanted to play would have made it clear by being in the stadium, hanging about, refusing to leave, kicking up a fuss, etc?

Cabaye was out of there like a shot. Whether or not it was his decision, he didn't put up much of a fight to play.

If I was him I'd be sat at the Eurostar waiting to hear what bid gets accepted, full Arsenal and PSG kit in my bag, and maybe a Monaco kit too, just in case. The negatives at NUFC far outweigh any positives, and there's only so long you can expect players to put up with it.

my main hope is that when he moves he comes out and publicly slates pardew as the reason for leaving, it might wake a few f***ers up

That would be great.

Aye  :rolleyes:

never happens like i know

I fail to see how one of our best players leaving and slating the club/manager on his way out can be construed as "great", but that may just be me..

Nope, with you on this one. :lol:

I'm not with you. The only chance of these f***ers leaving is if people actually make a fuss, whether it be the fans, the players, the ex-players. Someone has to actually speak up and make people pay attention to just how disgracefully we're being ran as a club.

Aye, under normal circumstances I'd prefer him to keep his gob shut in public. Never really been a fan of airing grievances in public.

However, this boil needs to be lanced.

Don't see how it would be in any way helpful besides making us a laughing stock even more than we already are.

Don't you think a player who really wanted to play would have made it clear by being in the stadium, hanging about, refusing to leave, kicking up a fuss, etc?

Cabaye was out of there like a shot. Whether or not it was his decision, he didn't put up much of a fight to play.

Well we don't know if he was desperate to play, just like we don't know he refused.

Guest icemanblue

i said i hope he comes out and slates pardew inochi, not that i knew what the guy's innermost thoughts were, again i fail to see your point amid the pedantry

I'd asked you to tell me if I was wrong about this all being based on assumptions. Slightly biased ones at that. You confirmed, in your case, that it is. Not sure where you're going with the rest, like.

So how does that translate to him "refusing" to play?

There's a huge difference between not wanting to play and flat out refusing to.

If he did refuse to play he can fuck off.

It is the intelligent footballer's refusal from where I'm sitting, because of exactly this attitude. Make the people feel bad for you so you can get away with not playing. Maybe it's not a flat out refusal, but that's only because it never got to that. If Pardew had said "Tough, I'm playing you anyway", I don't think Cabaye would've just politely accepted it and played on.

But once again, we'll never know for sure either way. So we should probably stop talking about it.

Edit - Anyway, I'm talking about this as if it wasn't a mutual decision. Fat Mike will have been more than happy to not play Cabaye and ensure he gets as nice a return as possible.

Not very well, I'd imagine. Whether or not he'd be quite so damning of the manager/club for that, I really don't know. I'm certainly not going to pretend I do, just because I'm not keen on him.

you don't see the difference do you?  between saying i hope cabaye comes out and slates pardew as the reason for wanting leave

vs

as i know that pardew is the main reason cabaye wanted to leave i hope he states it publicly when he leaves

I'd asked you to tell me if I was wrong about this all being based on assumptions. Slightly biased ones at that. You confirmed, in your case, that it is. Not sure where you're going with the rest, like.

all what being based on assumptions, my own hopes and wishes? yeah they're generally based on assumptions :lol:

as usual you're sidestepping the point