Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

I think the active touting is due to him wanting a move more than us wanting to sell but of course we will only sell for big money that will fund our transfers. Sick of this sell to buy but if it is a player who wars away then fair enough, just wish it had been weeks ago.

Guest neesy111

I think the active touting is due to him wanting a move more than us wanting to sell but of course we will only sell for big money that will fund our transfers. Sick of this sell to buy but if it is a player who wars away then fair enough, just wish it had been weeks ago.

It'd be easy to keep our star players if we showed some ambition.

£18-20m is what we will sell for according to ssns.

I'm not sure he'll be going if that is the case.

I could perhaps see PSG paying it but not Arsenal. It wouldn't surprise me if Cabaye stays, sulks, plays worse than last year and leaves next year for £8mil.

If he plays worse than last year he can kiss the world cup goodbye.

Really hope this doesn't drag on for weeks (or months). If he's off, get it done as quick as possible. Be the absolute worst to openly shop Cabaye and fail to move him on in the next 2 weeks. It'd just hang over the club until the winter window.

Will blatantly have to accept somewhere between 15-20m for him now. At least say 25 if you want 20.. tsk.

Absolutely hope PSG and Monaco come in for him. Im sure he would rather stay in the premiership under Wenger though.

How do you know we didn't do this and we actually want 15-18m?

It'd be easy to keep our star players if we showed some ambition.

We signed his mate and a few others in January to be fair. He wants away and I remember talk when he signed we would be some sort of stepping stone.

As .com said others under similar circumstances still managed to play yet he couldn't.

I stand by what I said earlier, heart of a pea and we move on.

I get the feeling they want to sell him because he's rebelled in one way or another against Pardew and the owner. If there was a dressing room revolt last season I wouldn't be surprised if he led it.

You are probably close to the truth with this - club is rotten to the core.

This theory doesn't work if no one bid for him like.

If he is sold for a relative cut price, say 15m or less, then be sure that they wanted rid. IMO.

We basically have been playing without him for a year anyway. He was a completely different player for most of last season. I have no doubt he will shine elsewhere as he is talented but we won't see it here under Pardew.

Echo the thoughts of Mcarthy and Johnson though.

Guest bimpy474

Will blatantly have to accept somewhere between 15-20m for him now. At least say 25 if you want 20.. tsk.

Absolutely hope PSG and Monaco come in for him. Im sure he would rather stay in the premiership under Wenger though.

We dont, SSN reckon between £18m-£20m will get him.

They're just reading my posts.

FWIW we need to sell him ASAP if we've been offered around £20m.

Guest bimpy474

They're just reading my posts.

FWIW we need to sell him ASAP if we've been offered around £20m.

Yep, he wants out, get him out and try to get someone in, well fail to get someone in anyhoo.