Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Interesting choice of words from Pardle when talking about the booing on Sky. Said something like "The fans will be saying "we don't like what you done"".

Heavily implying that Cabaye has been refusing to play.

Yet we didn't fine him?

Nor has he released any kind of statement defending himself. There's definitely some Machiavellian stuff going on from both sides but to me it looks like Pardle/the club pulled him from the Man City game and he withdrew from the West Ham game.

Yesterday was his/our way of saying he's not leaving imo.

Interesting choice of words from Pardle when talking about the booing on Sky. Said something like "The fans will be saying "we don't like what you done"".

Heavily implying that Cabaye has been refusing to play.

Yet we didn't fine him?

Nor has he released any kind of statement defending himself. There's definitely some Machiavellian stuff going on from both sides but to me it looks like Pardle/the club pulled him from the Man City game and he withdrew from the West Ham game.

Yesterday was his/our way of saying he's not leaving imo.

I think it was a joint agreement between him and the club. If we wanted him to play I think he would have BUT it suited both parties for him to sit out the matches as a move seemed likely

Tbh I think like Pardew said, it was the perfect reaction. The git needs to know what he has stuck two fingers up at us and the club. I don't think there is anyone that would begrudge him a move away, but the nonsense he has been drawn into is underhand.

The club and especially us fans deserved better. I'm pretty much completely against booing our own players but I think as he came on fans were right to give him some shit. After that back him.

O0 understand how he must feel atm and dont agree how he has acted as a highly paid pro ,if we showed a once of ambition this would not have happened but its the clubs total lack of vision and semblance of being run in a professional manner that is holding us back from progression .

I think the club / player both now believe he won't be going anywhere. They wanted him sold, he wanted to go, it was in everybodys interest (excluding us fans) that he didn't play. But now he's back in the team.

Going back to last season when Pardew said a couple of players has their heads turned, I'm sure he was referring to Cabaye. So second season running, this time with an actual bid, I dunno, maybe his head wasn't in the game but I still don't blame the club or Pardew for that, he should be more professional and play. It's not as bad as refusing to play, but still do your fucking job you little bitch.

Not arsed if he stays. If he goes for big money then great, eventually we will benefit from it, but in all honesty I'm ore excited of seeing more of Anita and sissoko than the reintegration of Cabaye.

We might have played him in some attempt to scare Arsenal/whoever else is in for him.

Leaving him out played into any potential buyers hands, making him play will have given us a bit more of a bargaining position.

New article just put on the Chronic. New quotes, or were these from yesterday?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/alan-pardew-no-idea-yohan-5823915?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Alan Pardew last night admitted he had no idea whether Yohan Cabaye has played his last game for Newcastle United.The Frenchman came on as a substitute during yesterday’s 1-0 win over Fulham. He was cheered by some and booed by many others.A reaction Pardew said was fair.The Newcastle boss wants one more attacking player before Monday night’s deadline and for Cabaye to stay.But even if Arsenal’s interest has faded, Pardew has no clue as to whether the midfielder will still be on Tyneside come Tuesday.The Toon boss said: “I won’t know if it’s his last game for us until 11pm (on Monday),“We’ve told his agent to play the game. We’ve got to replace him and can’t afford to replace him before he goes, if he goes.“That bid needs to come in early. If it doesn’t it won’t happen. Do I think he will go?“You can never tell at this football club, but we’ve got replacements in mind and we’ve got to act quickly if that bid comes in.“We hope to get an offensive player in before 11pm and we’re working towards that.“The decision is with us. We make a decision on whether we think it’s right at the end of the day – we’ve only had one bid for him.“The fans called it right with some saying they’re not sure what you’ve done; the other just half pleased to see him and I think that was probably fair.”

I just hope nobody was watching Colo, Ben Arfa and Krul yesterday because I imagine Pardew will have no idea if they will be here either

So it's been confirmed that he refused to play and wants to leave? Didn't look like it when he came onto the pitch yesterday and his passing ability and vision made us more dangerous. Still prefer Anita next to Sissoko though, but I think the three of them could do an excellent job.

Don't think Cabaye was that good when he came on personally. Had one little drive forward and one surprisingly good corner but other than that it was a lot of balls dropped over the top that didn't reach anyone.

Gouffran and Remy made the difference for me.

So it's been confirmed that he refused to play and wants to leave? Didn't look like it when he came onto the pitch yesterday and his passing ability and vision made us more dangerous. Still prefer Anita next to Sissoko though, but I think the three of them could do an excellent job.

No one knows really. You could speculate that based on Deschamps' remarks he had no choice but to play and to play well, but anything is just speculation unless he comes out with his side of the story.

Don't think Cabaye was that good when he came on personally. Had one little drive forward and one surprisingly good corner but other than that it was a lot of balls dropped over the top that didn't reach anyone.

He wasn't great, but his ability to be more direct rather than play the simple game suited us better when looking for the full points yesterday. It's his ability to pick out passes across the pitch and understand the others movement that helped us.

Gouffran was once again very dangerous when he came on, but seems to be lacking confidence to get that goal.

No one knows really. You could speculate that based on Deschamps' remarks he had no choice but to play and to play well, but anything is just speculation unless he comes out with his side of the story.

:thup: Thanks. Thought I'd missed something.

He wasn't great, but his ability to be more direct rather than play the simple game suited us better when looking for the full points yesterday. It's his ability to pick out passes across the pitch and understand the others movement that helped us.

Gouffran was once again very dangerous when he came on, but seems to be lacking confidence to get that goal.

Feel like there will be a big deal made out of the next time Gouffran scores from both the players and the fans. :) feel for the guy and he needs a goal.

"All our subs have been excellent."

Getting ahead of yourself yesterday, were you?