Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

@Scottwilsonecho

AP: "I’d be foolish if I didn’t have a plan to deal with him going. We have. But until a deal is agreed, we can’t put a bid of our own in."

If only we had some other money we could venture.

Priceless.

What a spineless club we have become

@Scottwilsonecho

AP: "I’d be foolish if I didn’t have a plan to deal with him going. We have. But until a deal is agreed, we can’t put a bid of our own in."

We really are a mess.

Scott Wilson ‏@Scottwilsonecho 4 min

Pardew admits it could be difficult to sign Cabaye replacement after #NUFC accept £20m bid for French midfielder

Didn't seem that hard to sign players a year ago. The money is there, the desire to spend it is not. Why would you possibly want to improve your team when you can just get by as it is?

Stagnating is the new winning. 

The cunts got a nosebleed from getting close to a European spot.  Sell Cabaye, buy fuck all! Job done!

Just registered and in all honesty, anything less than 25 million and we have been robbed surely if the likes of fellaini and co go for 25 million plus but guess who wins again.  :(

Fellaini isn't a decent yard stick. Manchester (sic) got completely mugged off.

And PSG are rich as fuck.

Palermo got 45 million out of them for Pastore

@Scottwilsonecho

We really are a mess.

They are lying we have no money. We haven't spent owt in ages.

Shay Given aside, we've generally done well at holding out for hefty prices. With a business hat on; selling Cabaye for £20m means we've made back five times what we paid. That's why we'll have accepted at this point, instead of holding out for more.

Yay, we won at spreadsheets (________)o(___)

I was talking to a friend of a friend in the pub the other day, talking about football.

I was bemoaning our lack of ambition in the transfer window, how our expectations have been lowered so much the last few years, etc etc, and he started going on about how we've now got a much more sustainable wage bill, how it was once 85% of turnover, how now it's much more sensible and how with the new tv deal coming in, and commercial revenue on the rise, the figures look much better.

I suddenly found myself reflecting that this must be how it would feel to be a supporter of, say, Marks and Spencer or WH Smiths or something, pleasure reduced to financial figures. Depressing.

Well you could always have had Randy Lerner continue to bankroll Martin O'Neill as an alternative.

Or, alternatively, have found a middle way.

Oh yes, there's always that option. That would be fantastic.

Guest firetotheworks

Just registered and in all honesty, anything less than 25 million and we have been robbed surely if the likes of fellaini and co go for 25 million plus but guess who wins again.  :(

As do loads of clubs. As are we. There's an endless list of teams overpaying for players. It's not often that one of the richest clubs in the world under pays for a player that they're clearly desperate to sign.

@Scottwilsonecho

Wtf?

Guest bimpy474

@Scottwilsonecho

Wtf?

That mass of TV money seems to have vanished.

Why can't we mug a buying club who have bottomless finances and desperately want our star player? 40m they payed for pastore

I'm not sure they are that desperate. Fellaini had a hugely inflated price. Liverpool once paid £35m for carroll. I think we could have got more money ideally £25m and that in terms of money (emphasis added) would have been a decent deal for NUFC.

The money doesn't even matter anyway.

@Scottwilsonecho

Wtf?

That mass of TV money seems to have vanished.

Aye down the bore hole also known as Mike Ashleys arse crack

@Scottwilsonecho

We really are a mess.

They are lying we have no money. We haven't spent owt in ages.

I know, I didn't mean we're a mess financially.  Just meant the club is fucked up.

So that's two out of two when selling to a team with almost infinite money that we're not getting anywhere near the value of our player. Can people stop with the "we don't sell our best players unless it's for stupid money" now, please?

The Cabaye pursuit only came about because PSG have had some injuries. I have major doubts he's an important part of the PSG puzzle.

They'll get their money back from Man U/Arsenal in the summer/12 months time.

Yep - he'll not see out 2 years there and he'll be back to England to another top club.