Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Not too fussed tbh, he's a great player technically, but the premier was too fast for him, he struggled to keep up in a lot of games. That said, I would like to see him playing under a footballing coach. Our style under the fraud didn't do him any favours.

I actually think he excels when he's the big fish in the small pond. He hasn't made waves at PSG playing under Blanc nor France with Deschamps. They're apparently good managers.

Play Cabaye in that advanced position like Pards did from Sep-Jan and Cabaye will do the business. That's where he seems to like to play. Being the main man.

:anguish:

Blanc never played him in an advanced role, he was always the cleaner and the one to keep things ticking over behind more advanced midfielders for France.

Yeah exactly. I don't think he likes that. He prefers to score and create goals. He knows Pardew will play him there for Palace.

Blanc never played him in an advanced role, he was always the cleaner and the one to keep things ticking over behind more advanced midfielders for France.

Yeah exactly. I don't think he likes that. He prefers to score and create goals. He knows Pardew will play him there for Palace.

From what I recall he was used mostly as a sitting player for Pardew as well. It used to really frustrate me seeing him playing behind Tiote in a lot of the games. Whether he was told to sit back or just does it naturally I don't know, but that's where he usually ended up.

From what I recall he was used mostly as a sitting player for Pardew as well. It used to really frustrate me seeing him playing behind Tiote in a lot of the games. Whether he was told to sit back or just does it naturally I don't know, but that's where he usually ended up.

Pards teams love to play attacking football on the front foot so it must have been the other one.

I'm thinking of his last few months here. Wasn't he playing as some sort of number 10 with Anita and Tiote playing in midfield? I always felt that was his most effective role.

He's not going to Palace man, come on.

:lol: I'm absolutely certain it will happen.

Why would he go there though Mike? It can't be because of Pardew. It just can't be.

Why would he go there though Mike? It can't be because of Pardew. It just can't be.

I'm here tbh, :lol: He left to get away from the man. :lol:

:lol: I have no recollection of their relationship being bad. I know he wanted to go to Arsenal or whatever, but I don't remember the two of them being on bad terms. If no CL club is calling and offering serious minutes. He'll go to Palace. It'll be sickening.

:lol: I have no recollection of their relationship being bad. I know he wanted to go to Arsenal or whatever, but I don't remember the two of them being on bad terms. If no CL club is calling and offering serious minutes. He'll go to Palace. It'll be sickening.

But the standard of football, man. He can't want to be involved in that again. He's a French international ffs.

My brain hurts with thinking about this shit! It's got to be bollocks.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm sure Cabaye found the best form of his career under Pardew but whatever....

Lol.

Look at this man. Even Ian is lolling. :lol:

The next step after a champions league club isn't Crystal Palace though Mike

:lol: Oh no doubt. But like I said, he wants minutes. He knows there's loads of them waiting with fucking Pardew. He'll go there if it's his best option. Villa might be a risk he can't afford at his age. Pardew? Shit, Pardew fucking loves him.

:lol: Oh no doubt. But like I said, he wants minutes. He knows there's loads of them waiting with fucking Pardew. He'll go there if it's his best option. Villa might be a risk he can't afford at his age. Pardew? Shit, Pardew fucking loves him.

But Crystal Palace are a small club. They've never been close to getting into the Champions League. A lot of French people have probably never heard of them. He'd be better off going back to Lille if his only ambition is to play regular football so he can play for France in the Euros

I can't understand why only Villa and Palace are in for him? Aside from Chelsea and maybe Arsenal surely any other Premier league team could benefit from him.

Even Arsenal imo

Not a chance, just like Sissoko he'd ride the bench.

True, but riding the bench at Arsenal invariably means he'd still get 35 matches on account of all the injuries they'd suffer at CM.

I wasn't especially gutted when he left due to the inevitability of it all - in fact, his sale was probably the moment it clicked for me that I was apathetic as opposed to having an emotional, tangible support for the club (which soon morphed into having a desire to lose).

But I'd be mortified if he went to Palace, fuck that would absolutely stink.