Yohan Cabaye

Wouldn't call Cabaye's wife a beauty mind....

looks much nicer in real life, really nice personality seemingly aswell. when they first came over she went with her hubby when he went to school trips for the club. the staff at the bairns school were wowed by her.

Guest Sophie S

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8557351/

Stand-in Newcastle captain Yohan Cabaye says he will have to lead by example as his English is not up to barking out commands.

Surely he might as well shout in French anyway? :lol:

:lol: This article is essentially a transcript of the NUFC-TV interview that has been put up yesterday. They even put the word cheeky in the right part; where Cabaye has the cheekiest grin ever in the interview. I read it with a french accent, that made it more fun.

pleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjured

pleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjuredpleasedontbebadlyinjured

This.

Will be a massive miss tonight :(

He was on the pitch at the end with the rest of the team, so i doubt it's that bad.

He played on for a couple of minutes after the injury happened as well. We desperately need him to be fit like, he's such a massive player for us.

Our formation today didn't suit him, as both him and Tiote seemed to have been told to sit deep and pick it up from the CBs, but I thought you could still see his class, vision and importance for us during the time he was on the pitch today.

He was on the pitch at the end with the rest of the team, so i doubt it's that bad.

He played on for a couple of minutes after the injury happened as well. We desperately need him to be fit like, he's such a massive player for us.

Our formation today didn't suit him, as both him and Tiote seemed to have been told to sit deep and pick it up from the CBs, but I thought you could still see his class, vision and importance for us during the time he was on the pitch today.

One of my main gripes with Pardew is how he sees Cabaye playing for us. He's always said that he's our quarterback, that he wants him to sit deep and spray the ball about but he was at his very best last season when he pushed up into the final third. We could really do with him further up the pitch.

its got to be a worry he stretched and slid in to stop them breaking away and looked to have stretched his groin/stomach area and that was where his last injury was when he had the op.  In a way a 2 week lay off may not be bad if it means we can also pull him out of the 2 internationals, nothing too bad but a nice rest and be ready for Man City and then the quarters. 

One of my main gripes with Pardew is how he sees Cabaye playing for us. He's always said that he's our quarterback, that he wants him to sit deep and spray the ball about but he was at his very best last season when he pushed up into the final third. We could really do with him further up the pitch.

His best position for me is between Tiote and Sissoko, basically a free role in midfield to link up with both the defence and attack.

I think Chelsea played a similar system under Ancelotti (I may be wrong here, they've had too many managers lately), with three central midfielders, where one was the holding one (Tiote for us), one the box-to-box (Cabaye) and one attacking (Sissoko).

Last season, and before we got Sissoko in, I really wanted Cabaye higher up the pitch, because we had no one (bar possibly Marveaux, who's been injured most of time here) who could link the midfield to attack, but since signing Sissoko, I'm happy with Cabaye dictating our play from a slightly deeper position.

When Yohan Cabaye walked gingerly from the St. James' Park pitch after 37 minutes of Thursday night's tie against Anzhi Makhachkala, the French midfielder knew his Europa League campaign could be over.

But after a dramatic 1-0 win was secured with the very last kick of the game, the Magpies marched into the quarter-finals of the competition - and Cabaye is confident that he will be fit by the time they come around.

He tried to play on after tweaking his groin as he stretched to make a pass but was replaced by Jonas Gutierrez soon afterwards. And, like the 45,487 crowd, he could only watch as both sides battled to score the goal that would take them through.

In the third minute of stoppage time, Sylvain Marveaux crossed and Papiss Cisse headed home to spark jubilant scenes in the dugout and in the stands and Cabaye was still grinning as he spoke to nufc.co.uk after the full time whistle, which blew immediately after United's winner.

"It was a very good end for us," he said. "We won and we stay in the competition, which was the target before the game and we're happy tonight.

"For me, it's going to be the first time I'll be able to play in the last eight.

"It was hard on the pitch because if we conceded a goal, we'd have needed to score two goals. Then they had a man sent off but for us it was still difficult but we had a bit more of the ball and more chances.

"Thankfully, Papiss scored before extra-time because, thinking about Sunday, it would have been very difficult. But now we're just waiting for the draw tomorrow.

"We're into the last eight and I think if the draw is okay to us we can do something in this competition. We'll see what happens but we all want to make the most of this competition."

The attendance was Newcastle's highest in the tournament by some distance and Cabaye felt the fans helped to inspire United to keep going until the very, very end.

"The crowd was fantastic, the same as every game at home," he said. "They were fantastic and hopefully in the next round they're going to be the same as tonight.

"I want to say thank you because every game, they help us a lot and tonight it was very good."

And, speaking about the injury which forced him, off he revealed: "I hope it's not too bad.

"It's my groin, which has given me some problems this season and I'm still cautious about it so I just wanted to keep my groin good.

"We'll see tomorrow but I don't think it's a bad injury."