Twitter nonsense

Thespence

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

What that tweet fails to realise is that in actuality Bruno is a technical number 6, that can also play as a technical number 8.

Pacqueta is a number 10/number 8 that is a lot more robust than many realise. He often played in a midfield three at Lyon and is adept at pressing and tackling.

You can see his defensive stats right there:- https://fbref.com/en/players/9b6f7fd5/Lucas-Paqueta

A midfield three of Joe, Paqueta and Bruno would be immense.

1 minute ago, LV said:

When did a number 6 become a defensive midfielder and not a central defender? 

And what changed it? 

When Botman became no.4.

18 minutes ago, LV said:

When did a number 6 become a defensive midfielder and not a central defender? 

And what changed it? 

Aye that pissed me off ha. Had this conversation on here before but 5 and 6 are the centre backs 4 centre/defensive mid

5 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We're not signing Paqueta. He doesn't fit what we need as a midfielder and some of our fans seem hung up on him because he's Bruno's mate. We need a DM/#6 if we're signing another midfielder but I don't think we will this window as a winger and striker are far more important. 

They could well be right with that analysis but we have no idea how Howe is going to set up the midfield and Bruno and Paqueta have played together before so it's not far-fetched or anything.

4 hours ago, jack j said:

Aye that pissed me off ha. Had this conversation on here before but 5 and 6 are the centre backs 4 centre/defensive mid

Championship (Football) Manager used to assign 5 and 4 to CB.  Always mildly irritating to have to swap them round to the (correct) 6 & 5.

I love traditional numbers, especially given that the sequence is a hangover from the 2-3-5 formation that all teams played for half a century - the fact that with the switches to W-M and 4-4-2 no-one said 'hey, maybe we should amend the numbering to reflect the new formations'.  Nah; 2, 5, 6, 3; 7, 8, 4, 11; 9, 10 it is.

5 hours ago, KaKa said:

What that tweet fails to realise is that in actuality Bruno is a technical number 6, that can also play as a technical number 8.

Pacqueta is a number 10/number 8 that is a lot more robust than many realise. He often played in a midfield three at Lyon and is adept at pressing and tackling.

You can see his defensive stats right there:- https://fbref.com/en/players/9b6f7fd5/Lucas-Paqueta

A midfield three of Joe, Paqueta and Bruno would be immense.

Agreed , fluid 3 

interchangeable, progressive , adaptable 

Paqueta would obviously ‘fit’, he’d be a huge asset to this side.. I still do have reservations about the particular midfield 3 combination of Bruno, Joe and Paqueta though. 

That being said I can’t see us signing him this window at least.

Edited by Nine

Forgetting the other player in the trio (I'd personally want a DM like a Sangare), just having Bruno and Paqueta in the same midfield would be chemistry gold inevitably. I'm fairly confident Howe would then be able to figure out which type of player suits those two afterwards.

38 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Sounds like he'd fit like a glove.

What odds is he to stay at lyon? Can only find the options for him leaving odds. 4/7 for him to sign for Newcastle before September 3rd.

7 hours ago, NWMag said:

Think one of the replies on Twitter suggested that we may be holding off until the end of the window due to the size of the fee. 

Currently we are painting the picture that we have a ‘budget’ and have been tough negotiators and made reasonably priced signings - if we go and spunk £50+ Million on Paqueta now, could affect the prices we are quoted for other deals, so could be a case of doing other deals first and then leaving Paqueta as the last one. 

Here’s hoping: Paqueta, Wijnaldum (on loan) and Osimhen in together at the 11th hour!!! 

I respect that lads hustle. He has the charisma of a beige radiator, no discernable talent for broadcasting and gives off a vibe that he's about to don the flayed skin of his most recent victim, BUT he seems pretty harmless and every fucker knows who he is. If it makes him happy and brings in enough cash to pay the bills, then fair play to him.