Dimitar Berbatov

JH

Lazy Twat.

Load of rubbish, tbh.

You're talking shit their like he's a classy player :D

Yeah I man obvioisly he's class, but he's still a lazy twat.

If he ran around like Lee Bowyer he wouldn't be able to make anything like the contribution he does.

Not suggesting he should run around like a maniac, just with a bit more effort at times he could make even more of his talent, something he's got an amazing amount of.  Think he could have done more at Manure if he was willing to work a bit harder, not complaining that he didn't though :)

I was gutted we weren't in for him in the summer.

I think Pardew would love him personally. Our current set-up requires a lot of creativity from the midfield and thus attacking. With Berbatov we could go 4-4-2. Leave the 2 up top to provide magic and have the rest primarily defend. That was te foundation of last season.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I remember a stat from his first season (I think) with Man Utd where the average distance he traveled per match was one of the highest in the league for strikers. It's a myth that he's lazy.

It's because he doesn't appear to be running around like a headless chicken.

Guest firetotheworks

I was purring over him, but I'm not sure how I'd perceive his elegance if he played for us and we were up against it.

I was purring over him, but I'm not sure how I'd perceive his elegance if he played for us and we were up against it.

Not a player for every game perhaps but he can create and score and as long as you have enough work rate in the rest of the squad he'll be fine, he works well in build up, just needs the pace to be slow. It's almost an anomaly he works in the English league, think he'd tear it up in Italy, but credit him for making it work here where traditionally it's rather frowned upon. That said paid the price under Ferguson, was never a fit.

Viduka and Berbatov are two of my all-time favourites to watch. Both with such a great first touch.

Viduka had great 8 games for us under KK but nothing more. In those 8, though, he was pure magic.

I loved Viduka. Great player.

Wish we'd had him under Bobby. He might not have worked that well with Shearer, but when you consider the amount of times it was Shearer-Ameobi...