Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Everton fans have every right to question why a player would choose us over them, but instead of just looking at 'it must be more money' we've got a lot more going for us than they or many give us credit for. Especially since now we all know we don't pay daft wages any more and are willing to lose star players due to that (Carroll, Barton & Nolan) so that really puts that one to bed.

If I were a defender I'd certainly like to play for Everton, however as a striker I'd rather be somewhere a little more attacking, a bit more creative and able to enjoy freedom, Everton just doesn't give off that impression and never have done under Moyes. There is also a lot of excitement around us ATM, with a big pot to spend, while at the other end of the scale Everton look set to scrimp around again looking for value for money, nothing wrong with that, but its just not as exciting in the slightest.

Newcastle have a chance to change, and where we end up is very unknown, with Everton you know what you are going to get, another comfortable Moyes style season, maybe that isn't enough for some players? I'm sure for some consistency is everything, mind its why we will lose out on many more than we will gain as well.

Everton certainly underperformed last season, I expect a much more solid season even with 95% the same team in 11/12, but that's what will happen, basically the same team like it has been for some time (unless Moyes jumps ship)

20 goals for a team that finishes sixth-fourth, that could win a trophy, and play in Europe the following season

He's off to Spurs?

Just looked this up. Only two players have scored 20 goals in a season for Everton in the last 20 years - Yakubu with 21 in 07/08 and Pedro with 20 in 91/92. Nobody's scored more than 15 in the league for 16 years.

Everton fans have every right to question why a player would choose us over them, but instead of just looking at 'it must be more money' we've got a lot more going for us than they or many give us credit for. Especially since now we all know we don't pay daft wages any more and are willing to lose star players due to that (Carroll, Barton & Nolan) so that really puts that one to bed.

If I were a defender I'd certainly like to play for Everton, however as a striker I'd rather be somewhere a little more attacking, a bit more creative and able to enjoy freedom, Everton just doesn't give off that impression and never have done under Moyes. There is also a lot of excitement around us ATM, with a big pot to spend, while at the other end of the scale Everton look set to scrimp around again looking for value for money, nothing wrong with that, but its just not as exciting in the slightest.

Newcastle have a chance to change, and where we end up is very unknown, with Everton you know what you are going to get, another comfortable Moyes style season, maybe that isn't enough for some players? I'm sure for some consistency is everything, mind its why we will lose out on many more than we will gain as well.

Everton certainly underperformed last season, I expect a much more solid season even with 95% the same team in 11/12.

Agree with this, the only slight change I would make is that we can give the impression we will be spending a lot, not sure the pot of money will actually materialise.

All Everton can offer as a football club is a top 10 finish and a faint chance at the Europa league, the sooner they realise this the easier there lives will be.

We no better like (worse infact), but we atleast have the 'sleeping giant' effect, even if it is bullshit.

another player that moves for the cash. if it was footballing decision its a no brainer. their squad is garbage

If any player looks at our squad and Newcastle's squad and chooses theirs because they think theyll be more successful, then they're a moron. If he goes there its because of the money.

I'm not fussed about him not joining us.

However, being beaten to a player by them is embarrassing.

If his knees are finished, he'll end up at the Barcodes, if he's destined for great things he'll sign for us. I'm all about the fate.

If it's about 10k a week more at Newcastle then I don't see him picking us over them even if we are a bigger and better club, the thing is, he could go and score 20 goals at Newcastle and they'll still finish below us, so footballing wise he'd be making a bad decision, the bad part for us would be that those 20 goals could be the difference between 7th and 4th, if he decides to come to us it will be for all the right reasons so I will be quite pleased if it comes off, it would be a victory for football,in a sense.

but 20 goals for a team that finishes sixth-fourth, that could win a trophy, and play in Europe the following season, is better than scoring them for a team in 12th that will likely win nothing.

they wont be challenging for Europe, instead of coming to us and possibly being the difference in us finishing possibly 5th or maybe even 4th with a lot of luck

If he goes to the graveyard of good footballers up north he's obviously after the money.

Alreet then.

Classy. Everton fans?

Haha - I was sure that they were quotes from RTG.

As a side note to what TT said above, I must admit I do feel like there is a bit of excitement about us at the moment, we seem to be after players that will most certainly take the club forward, whilst being realistic financially.

Couple of shrewd signings and a bit of squad depth and the Villas and Evertons that aren't quite the obvious top 6 should be worried about us.

Potentially exciting times.

The Everton lads that post on here are sound, but their fans do have a reputation for being extremely bitter, whinging arseholes.

Every time you watch a match at Goodison you can see their fans constantly throwing things at opposition players aswell.  They have a chip on their shoulder about everything, fuck knows why.

Aye, Neil and 1878 are among my favorite posters on here.

I always find it annoying when people quote posts from another forum "lol look at how dumb they are". There are mongs and daft comments on every forum and they could just as easily bring up a list of quotes from this forum and laugh at it.

The Everton lads that post on here are sound, but their fans do have a reputation for being extremely bitter, whinging arseholes.

Every time you watch a match at Goodison you can see their fans constantly throwing things at opposition players aswell.  They have a chip on their shoulder about everything, fuck knows why.

I always find it annoying when people quote posts from another forum "lol look at how dumb they are". There are mongs and daft comments on every forum and they could just as easily bring up a list of quotes from this forum neesy and laugh at it.

Every time you watch a match at Goodison you can see their fans constantly throwing things at opposition players aswell.  They have a chip on their shoulder about everything, f*** knows why.

I always find it annoying when people quote posts from another forum "lol look at how dumb they are". There are mongs and daft comments on every forum and they could just as easily bring up a list of quotes from this forum neesy and laugh at it.

:iamatwat:

Every time you watch a match at Goodison you can see their fans constantly throwing things at opposition players aswell.  They have a chip on their shoulder about everything, f*** knows why.

:iamatwat:

Shameless edit :lol:

So is he gonna be signing this week then? We heard anymore?

Yeah, so much has happened in this last 24 hours. We just decided it wasn't worth discussing.

F*** all news about Ba today but it seems that we are in pole position so logically speaking, if a deal was struck on Friday, the signing should be announced this week.

F*** all news about Ba today but it seems that we are in pole position so logically speaking, if a deal was struck on Friday, the signing should be announced this week.

Dan_Arnold7 Daniel Arnold

@LukeEdwards0 anything on Ba in tomorrow's Journal mate?

LukeEdwards0 Luke Edwards

@Dan_Arnold7 something on ba and something on new target confirmed by manager.

Dan_Arnold7 Daniel Arnold

@LukeEdwards0 anything on Ba in tomorrow's Journal mate?

LukeEdwards0 Luke Edwards

@Dan_Arnold7 something on ba and something on new target confirmed by manager.

:thup: good that there's going to be an update.