Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Probably,,,,,,,,,,,

Everton - Demba Ba should complete Goodison Park switch, according to West Ham ...

GiveMeFootball.com - Nick Howson - ‎31 minutes ago‎

As well as Everton, who are also interested in signing Jay Bothroyd, will have to compete for Ba's signature with Newcastle United, with Alan Pardew also an admirer. He said: "Demba Ba has done very well since he came to England, and he's a good player ...

West Ham striker Dema Ba leaves club

9:58am Wednesday 15th June 2011

Print

Email

Comments(0)

West Ham striker Demba Ba has reportedly left the club after turning down a £50,000 a week contract offer.

The 26-year-old scored seven goals in ten Premier League starts last season and is not prepared to play in the Championship. Ba has been strongly linked with a move to either Everton or Newcastle United.

Alan Pardew, the Newcastle boss, said: “Demba Ba has done very well since he came to England, and he's a good player. I'm very much aware of him, and I probably know what he is capable of more than most because I've known about him for a while, before he went to West Ham. We're not the only club who are interested, but we are trying. There is always competition, and we will keep plugging away.

"If we can get him and another two in before the end of next week I'll still be looking for another two new faces to join us before the start of the season."

Senegalese striker Ba had a release clause which has been activated after their relegation which will allow him to leave on a free transfer. It is understood German midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger has also been allowed to leave on a free transfer.

Hitzlsperger maybe?

Ba closes on Hammers exit

Magpies favourites to land Hammers striker

Skysports.com understands West Ham striker Demba Ba is to return from holiday this week to finalise a move back to the Premier League.

Ba is due to arrive back in England in the next 48 hours as he looks to sort out his future.

The Senegal forward is being chased by a host of clubs after impressing during the second half of last season at Upton Park.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has confirmed his interest in Ba, while Everton are also thought to be keen on the 26-year-old.

Ba is believed to have turned down the offer of a new deal at West Ham as he wants to return to the Premier League following the Hammers' relegation.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_6990819,00.html?

4m squid for Nolan....

It's a good price in fairness, if true, but still I'd have rather kept him.

It's a difficult one isn't it.  As always much depends on the incomings.  But we've said that a lot over the last 4 years....