Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Not only did he score a brilliant goal, but he also produced a number of quality through balls (all wasted by Shola). Some quality touches and good dribbling too.

It's taken a while for him to get this good, can only hope he returns in the same form. They really should have the ANC every 4 years instead of 2.

The ACN could be a bit of a blessing, he isn't first choice for his country is he? So could have a well earned rest whilst still doing a bit of training between matches. Might come back refreshed and gagging for first team football again [/glass half full].

The ACN could be a bit of a blessing, he isn't first choice for his country is he? So could have a well earned rest whilst still doing a bit of training between matches. Might come back refreshed and gagging for first team football again [/glass half full].

:yao:

I'm not sure but they do have a wealth of striking options and a couple scored more than him in qualifying so it is possible.

If he isn't their coach wants shooting.

mussa sow and papisse cisse are the others. thats some choice.

For me he's absolutely murdering it in a much tougher league but i don't know how objective I can really be about him  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

For me he's absolutely murdering it in a much tougher league but i don't know how objective I can really be about him  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Personally I think Ba and the Premier League are massively overrated and if their manager has any sense he will go with Cisse and Sow, if one of them is injured I would go with the other up front on his own with a 5 man midfield.

First choice or not at least he's going to a warm climate which should do him some good and he'll miss what is probably the coldest time of the year here so going away isn't totally negative.

And it will give us a chance to see if he is as good as he looks or will somebody else start getting goals by taking up his position.

He's just so fucking good. Every time he's even near the ball the defenders are scared shitless. Arguably the best striker in the league, he's that fucking good.

Definitely on a par with Van Persie.

Let's not get silly.

He's just so f***ing good. Every time he's even near the ball the defenders are scared shitless. Arguably the best striker in the league, he's that f***ing good.

Definitely on a par with Van Persie.

Let's not get silly.

He's twice the player, obviously.