Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

the team suffers when Ba plays. Sell.

What? That implies that we've prospered to some degree when he hasn't. When has that happened?

His first touch is horrendous, he doesn't play for the team. Seems he went in a right huff since Cisse came in and still hasn't came out of it. Now seems he's rejecting our contract offer because he wants obscene amounts of money, f*** him. No players bigger than the club and the squad, tactics and formations are struggling partially because of his selfishness and refusal to help the team. I don't think it's helped that Pardew has pandered to him as now we're stuck with him refusing to go left.

"seems" "seems"

All substance-less bollocks. It's staggering how credulous and unthinking some of you lot are. Not an iota of critical faculties.

:thup:

It's the manager's job to get the best out of the players he has available. At this moment, that includes a striker whose conversion rate since he came to this country is only bettered by Man United's £50m strikeforce. And some people want to sell him. It's utterly unbelievable.

Newcastle striker Demba Ba will be sold to either Arsenal or Liverpool in the first week of the transfer window and they will attempt to replace him with Marseille's France forward Loic Remy, 25.

Full story: Daily Mirror

It's the manager's job to get the best out of the players he has available. At this moment, that includes a striker whose conversation rate since he came to this country is only bettered by Man United's £50m strikeforce. And some people want to sell him. It's utterly unbelievable.

As long as we've got Shola, mate. :smitten: :thup:

:rolleyes:

Guest alijmitchell

Can't stand Ba. He is bringing little to the team, unsettling fans and staff through these contract talks, lacks any intelligence in his play, and in no way should be looked on as our long terms striking 'main man'. If his knees are a liability, we should get rid of him in Jan, and focus on building a team, preferably around the talents of Cisse, who is a better player.

Can't stand Ba. He is bringing little to the team, unsettling fans and staff through these contract talks, lacks any intelligence in his play, and in no way should be looked on as our long terms striking 'main man'. If his knees are a liability, we should get rid of him in Jan, and focus on building a team, preferably around the talents of Cisse, who is a better player.

He's scored 10 goals mate in a shit team

Cisse's half the player of Ba to be honest (which is why it's a total waste of time playing him out wide) however he will score you goals if you play him in his best position. However I'd get shot if he's starting to get above his station. No player is bigger than the club. Ba out and Remy in would be the perfect January situation for me.

Guest alijmitchell

In the current set-up Ba shines because we have played more to his strengths, relatively speaking. Cisse is not and in the air player, but is better on the ground by far. Obviously, in terms of the way Pardew sets up the team, his talents are lost,  and sticking him on the right is a complete and utter waste of time. In the long term, Ba will eventually piss off, and what we'll be left with is a wasted, disillusioned talent who has been forced to change his game for the worse.

In the current set-up Ba shines because we have played more to his strengths, relatively speaking. Cisse is not and in the air player, but is better on the ground by far. Obviously, in terms of the way Pardew sets up the team, his talents are lost,  and sticking him on the right is a complete and utter waste of time. In the long term, Ba will eventually p*ss off, and what we'll be left with is a wasted, disillusioned talent who has been forced to change his game for the worse.

I would argue we have not played to any of our players strengths this season and certainly not to Ba's as he is shocking in the air. He has fashioned most his goals rarely by good play

Cisse's half the player of Ba to be honest (which is why it's a total waste of time playing him out wide) however he will score you goals if you play him in his best position. However I'd get shot if he's starting to get above his station. No player is bigger than the club. Ba out and Remy in would be the perfect January situation for me.

Cisse certainly isn't half the player Ba is.  Not by a long stretch.

It's the manager's job to get the best out of the players he has available. At this moment, that includes a striker whose conversation rate since he came to this country is only bettered by Man United's £50m strikeforce. And some people want to sell him. It's utterly unbelievable.

Doesn't talk that much does he :lol:

Cisse certainly isn't half the player Ba is.  Not by a long stretch.

When it comes down to his all round game he is, in my opinion of course. Stick him up front, where he should be played, and he edges Ba though.

Guest alijmitchell

Obviously I know Ba's return has been better, I'm not arguing that he isn't a great finisher, I just think Ba's lack of team play has also been weirdly detrimental to the team. Plus, from the reports of his wage demands, it seems to me that he is a bit of a mercenary.

Guest alijmitchell

In the current set-up Ba shines because we have played more to his strengths, relatively speaking. Cisse is not and in the air player, but is better on the ground by far. Obviously, in terms of the way Pardew sets up the team, his talents are lost,  and sticking him on the right is a complete and utter waste of time. In the long term, Ba will eventually p*ss off, and what we'll be left with is a wasted, disillusioned talent who has been forced to change his game for the worse.

I would argue we have not played to any of our players strengths this season and certainly not to Ba's as he is shocking in the air. He has fashioned most his goals rarely by good play

Neither are great in the air, but Ba has a bit more physicality about him, and more importantly has been given the central berth, so is obviously more likely to get chances in our current set-up. Cisse, has been shit, but if used in the way we are supposed to use him (to feet, centrally, weighted balls to run onto) he's the better player.

Bullshit.

How many of the 10 goals Ba has scored this season been headers? 3 maximum.

There's nothing to suggest Cisse is better than Ba at anything except exceptional goals and first time snap shost ala Defoe.

Double the player of Ba? Cisse can't even stay onside ffs.