Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

One thing is for sure, we'll never progress as long as our best players are allowed to leave. I just hope Ba going means we don't have to sell anyone else.

This is an anomaly imo, we put the clause in to get him here and it's been a good bit of business considering how well he's done. We all know that it usually takes daft offers to get players with standard contracts out of the club.

So people actually want a direct replacement for Ba... Even though we have one in Cisse? We need a remi type player who can float around in a front 3,not another Ba.

We don't need a direct replacement for Ba.... we need someone who can play across the front line with pace and dribbling skills and ability to link up as well as playing striker.

Remy would be my choice and hopefully that happens on paper at least Remy-Cisse-Ben Arfa isn't any worse than Ba-Cisse-Ben Arfa.

And unlike Ba-Cisse-Ben Arfa it's actually functionable at least i would assume so.

We needed a striker before this and now we need two, still think we'll get one in January though.

Dissapointed to lose the best striker we've had since Shearer, but I do think the rest of the team will benefit without his whinging on about playing out of position.

Guest neesy111

I blame Disco since he reset the poll last night. :hmm:

I'm one of the few that would like our top scorer to stay man. Medical will be the big obstacle anyway, nowhere near a done deal yet.

I do as well, I said last night.

Replacing Sturridge with Ba and being up 5 million in the process. Well done Chelsea.. :clap:

:lol: Erm yeah.  They've probably wasted more money on paying off managers than our whole squad cost but let's just look at those 2 deals in isolation.

its a rare bright move by chelsea lets give them a little credit

Finance doesn't come into it for them, it's a bottomless pit of money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/20270934 - cooking the fucking books anyway. Wish we'd do the same at times.

One thing is for sure, we'll never progress as long as our best players are allowed to leave. I just hope Ba going means we don't have to sell anyone else.

This is an anomaly imo, we put the clause in to get him here and it's been a good bit of business considering how well he's done. We all know that it usually takes daft offers to get players with standard contracts out of the club.

:thup:

Not too fussed he was going to leave at some point as long as the clause exsisted. For all the goals and good performances I don't think he's been commited to the club since Cisse came in and he was put out wide. We really need Cisse to up his game now it looks like he'll be back in the middle because we'll need a lot of goals to replace Ba. I can only assume this would mean we're getting Remy in to play on the left and hopefully persist with the 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. Despite losing a great goal scorer, I think the whole team is going to benefit from this move.

We all knew this was on the cards. No point moaning about it, we just have to hope that we have the right replacement lined up.

Ba has been fantastic for us and we've done well to hold on to him this long. It's a great opportunity for him but I think he'll see plenty of bench time come next season.

As others have said it should solve the Ba/ Cisse problem. One problem we do face us a lack of physicality up front; Cisse doesn't pose a threat and Shola usually uses his size with the threat of the Honey Monster.

As this looks to have been done early there's no excuse for them to not bring in some form of a replacement, whether that be a striker or a wide forward. Obviously I hope it is a wide forward.

If we can't get Remy we should be able to get Zaha in.

As this looks to have been done early there's no excuse for them to not bring in some form of a replacement, whether that be a striker or a wide forward. Obviously I hope it is a wide forward.

If we can't get Remy we should be able to get Zaha in.

That's a decent shout, wonder how much he would cost