Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

The one positive is that if he's going, he's going early in the window... gives us plenty of time to be linked with 20 strikers and ending up sticking with Shola  :huff:

We will be best off getting A forward comfortable and happy to play on the wing. Otherwise it may be Shola from now on

Reminds me of Freiburg a year ago. They were bottom of the Bundesliga, Cisse had scored 9 of their 18 goals or what and was leaving.

After that, they went on to stay in the league, play better football and score more goals.

Same could be happening with us as I cleary think that Ba is not the healthiest person when it comes to team morale and all that.

Won't get a game for them. Bit of a step down from Falcao too. :lol:

Wouldn't rule out the idea of them getting more than 1 striker.  They'll be in for Falcao/Cavani IMO.

If they sign one of those as well as Ba he'll literally never get a game. He'd be their League Cup striker at best.

Of course he'll get a game for them.

with ambramovich taking a dim view of not playing Torres? and sacking people for not getting the best out of him, yeah he'll be on the bench

This will be another 'grass isn't always greener' departure, I reckon.

Obviously it's bad to lose our top scorer but we have time to buy a replacement (one that gives more balance to the team), we put Cisse where he belongs, we remove this constant agent talk and possibly improve morale (if the reports were true). On paper it looks bad, but I'm confident we'll emerge from this a better team.

Guest neesy111

Reminds me of Freiburg a year ago. They were bottom of the Bundesliga, Cisse had scored 9 of their 18 goals or what and was leaving.

After that, they went on to stay in the league, play better football and score more goals.

Same could be happening with us as I cleary think that Ba is not the healthiest person when it comes to team morale and all that.

I hope that is the case.

What a f***ing load of s***.

7M for the best striker we've had since January. s***.

For all you say Ashley is a wise money man, is he f***. Shay Given, N'Zogbia, Enrique, Barton and now Ba were all highly rated, and sold for less than what they should have been at the time all during Ashley's tenure. Penny pinching in terms of buying players is f***ing pointless if we let our best assets go on the cheap.

Clueless fat c***.

How are those players getting on now :lol:

Guest neesy111

Of course he'll get a game for them.

Playing where exactly?

This.

Torres and Ba will not be able to play in a 442 so it'll be only one of them playing at a time.