Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest Slippery Sam

Who's going to replace him v Everton? Anita?

Won't happen that fast

Bet it will.

Ashley will be shitting himself now that Ba's knee explodes before a transfer is complete ££££££. He may not play again for NUFC. Just a thought.

Guest firetotheworks

Won't happen that fast

Bet it will.

Ashley will be shitting himself now that Ba's knee explodes before a transfer is complete ££££££. He may not play again for NUFC. Just a thought.

Where's that Nicolas Cage meme when you need it?

At the end of the day he is a professional footballer who apparently has a knee ready to explode and end his career, I can hardly blame him for wanting to maximise his earnings.

He's been brilliant for us, especially for a free, but this was always going to happen and if now is the time for us to move on and away from his circus then so be it. Not going to say i'm not gutted but i'm not surprised in the slightest.

Don't think we're a wee club just think we'd be better off pursuing more realistic options than Zaha

You don't think we are a big enough pull to attract a Championship player playing for a championship club that been stuck there for years. 

How much smaller can you get?  :lol:

The only reason it isn't realistic is that our board is obsessed with French players, that angle i could easily understand.

Won't happen that fast

Bet it will.

Disagree - we're not actually getting that much money here though are we? Saving on Ba's goal bonuses we'll not have to pay are probably bigger than the transfer fee we're likely to receive :lol:

Even Ashley knows his eventual replacement cost is steeper than the £2.5m-ish we're likely to receive.

Somewhat inevitable. They're a richer, more successful club that have one out and out striker. They can afford to gamble on his dodgy knee. They can afford his ridiculous agents' demands. They're in enough competitions that they can play him through the middle.

No particular ill-will towards him if he should go, which it looks like he will. He has been an outstanding performer for us, for 18 months and given his all on the pitch.

Should he move on, we need to move on quick-sharp. I think Ashley won't buy a replacement in January, because he bought Ba's replacement last January in anticipation of Ba leaving last year: Cisse.

Good post :thup:

Demba :(

If given regular football which he probably would in this situation Zaha could develop into a quality player, but with the kind of price theyd ask for we could probably get a more rounded player from the continent

Guest neesy111

It's funny because when Sky says that we're close to signing another player we all call bullshit but when it's another club linked with our players we all believe it.

Not when the whole football world knows the clause in his contract and it's Chelsea.

It's a shame we're losing such a fine player but to look at the positives I'm fucking glad it's not Liverpool.

Not sure how Rafa plans on using Ba at this point...

Poor Demba will probably get thrown out wide there too.

It's a shame we're losing such a fine player but to look at the positives I'm fucking glad it's not Liverpool.

Not sure how Rafa plans on using Ba at this point...

Poor Demba will probably get thrown out wide there too.

Wouldn't that be a laugh....He probably won't complain playing out wide for Chelsea though. He'll suddenly become Mr Team Player

Can't be doing with every 5 months we got to talk about his clause, not good for the team or club, if he's not willing to sign a new contract without release clause then it's for the best for all parties that he fucks off.

I don't know why people hold this against Demba. We could have given him an improved contract if we wanted to but clearly other clubs can pay a lot more than us. At least we'll get something back from it and we've had one and a half magic seasons from him. Good luck to him I say.

If he's gone before the Everton game he leaves us having scored 29 goals in 54 games (50 starts) in all competitions.

That's not bad at all for a free transfer that many didn't think could lead the line for us in the first place. It's a shame how things have gone since last January for him here, but he's still done the business for us on the pitch this season in particular.

Very rarely out injured despite his "suspect knee" and appears to have been a well-liked and respected individual in the squad.

Cheers Demba :clap: