Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm glad the club stuck to their guns

3 year deal on 80k a week is a 12 million outlay on someone who is uninsurable!

Oh for arguments sake Remy... 10m transfer fee plus 30K a week over 5 years... you do the maths.

As for uninsurable... how the f*** do you know that?

Forgot to say we may actually get someone committed to the cause

As for the uninsurable part, why would we get him on an incentivised contract based on appearances if there wasn't something amiss

Committed to the cause? The man has giving nothing but his all every time he has played for us. He's as committed to us as anyone. If only the club were as committed to him we wouldn't even be having this debate because I strongly believe he'd rather stay here than leave. He's not daft though, he knows he's worth far more than what he's currently on. The club are daft though because they obviously don't and this is why we are on the verge of losing our top goalscorer and key player. God knows what it will cost to replace him, no doubt a lot more than it would cost to keep him

Oh, and there is no way there isn't some kind of insurance policy for Ba in place, regardless of his so-called dodgy knee. He did, after all, pass a medical....

Ok let's look at it like this...

This is a man who kicked up a fuss last season because Cisse was getting all of the plaudits. If he'd have stayed on the left (which would have been best for the TEAM) he would never have got a move to Chelsea based on his goal return at the end of last season from that position. As an individual player he is undoubtably talented but as a team player and human being he is all that's wrong with modern football. f*** him, f*** his agents and I hope he fails miserably

What fuss? He has never publicly complained. Our stupid rent a gob manager is the one that told the whole world Ba was unhappy not playing centrally and even if he was unhappy, who can blame him, he scores goals there.

I'll tell you what is wrong with modern football... people like Mike Ashley and numpties like you who f***ing hang out of his arse.

All I know is my club is losing its top goalscorer, its number one striker, the best centre-forward I've seen here since Shearer, at January, while we are only 2 f***ing points off bottom.

And all because we don't think he's worth circa 80K a week. If he isn't, who the f*** is? Is Del Boy gonna score the goals to keep us up? How about Pardew? Or the man himself Mike Ashley?

Demba Ba is worth what it is believed he wants, circa 80K a week. Anyway, his gain and whoever gets him, wor loss.

Eh? ???

Meant bottom places.

Players who will be liberated by the end of the system built around Ba : Krul - Colo - Cabaye - Ben Arfa and of course Cissé.

Wat?

instead of playing to ba's strengths we can play to the teams strengths which will benefit colo, cabaye, ben arfa, cisse. not sure about the krul bit mind.

Can't wait till this is debunked.

why ?

Because I'm sick of reading about how Ba is the/a cause of our horrible season.

For it to be debunked, we'd have to have a worse 2nd half of the season than we've just had. Which will mean we're relegated.

So you'd rather you were right than us stay up?

I'd rather our dear manager found/used a formation that benefited our best players instead of hoping our top scorer leaves. Might just be me though.

Yeah, but you just said you are looking forward to it being debunked. Which suggests you are looking forward to it not working, us getting relegated and you being proven right.

The manager is holding us back, not Ba. I've put it in very plain English for you, Sew Sew.

As good as I think Ba is, I still think we are his level in terms of starting matches.

He's better than the starting forwards at Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs imo.

Depends on who you're on about. I'd rather have (the old) Torres and (the new) Walcott any day of the week.

There you go.

Yeah (well still don't agree with Walcott) but the Torres at his best for Liverpool obviously but that was a long time ago now. He still has a decent touch but that's it. He has scored half as many goals in more games and in a much more creative side than Ba.

Don't necessarily agree, I just felt it would be more appropriate to add it there.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Oh and its not Ba limiting our play, its the f***ing idiot in the dugout and his tactics.

Ba and his clause have been systematically undermining AP since the summer

"Play me centrally, keep me happy and I might not leave"

"Play me left with Papiss getting all of the glory and I'm off"

Players who will be liberated by the end of the system built around Ba : Krul - Colo - Cabaye - Ben Arfa and of course Cissé.

Wat?

instead of playing to ba's strengths we can play to the teams strengths which will benefit colo, cabaye, ben arfa, cisse. not sure about the krul bit mind.

why ?

For it to be debunked, we'd have to have a worse 2nd half of the season than we've just had. Which will mean we're relegated.

I'd rather our dear manager found/used a formation that benefited our best players instead of hoping our top scorer leaves. Might just be me though.

Yeah, but you just said you are looking forward to it being debunked. Which suggests you are looking forward to it not working, us getting relegated and you being proven right.

The manager is holding us back, not Ba. I've put it in very plain English for you, Sew Sew.

This is a different argument.

I'm just pointing out the paradox of your original post. I know you don't really want it to fail and us to go down.

Given we don't have any say in the matter it's not greatly surprising to see people trying to rationalise the situation I reckon.

I can understand that, what I can't understand is that people are actually making a case for him going.  As fans, we've got nothing to gain from losing Ba and I include seeing Cisse play through the middle because Ba doesn't have to leave for that to happen.

I'm glad the club stuck to their guns

3 year deal on 80k a week is a 12 million outlay on someone who is uninsurable!

Oh for arguments sake Remy... 10m transfer fee plus 30K a week over 5 years... you do the maths.

As for uninsurable... how the f*** do you know that?

Forgot to say we may actually get someone committed to the cause

As for the uninsurable part, why would we get him on an incentivised contract based on appearances if there wasn't something amiss

Committed to the cause? The man has giving nothing but his all every time he has played for us. He's as committed to us as anyone. If only the club were as committed to him we wouldn't even be having this debate because I strongly believe he'd rather stay here than leave. He's not daft though, he knows he's worth far more than what he's currently on. The club are daft though because they obviously don't and this is why we are on the verge of losing our top goalscorer and key player. God knows what it will cost to replace him, no doubt a lot more than it would cost to keep him

Oh, and there is no way there isn't some kind of insurance policy for Ba in place, regardless of his so-called dodgy knee. He did, after all, pass a medical....

Ok let's look at it like this...

This is a man who kicked up a fuss last season because Cisse was getting all of the plaudits. If he'd have stayed on the left (which would have been best for the TEAM) he would never have got a move to Chelsea based on his goal return at the end of last season from that position. As an individual player he is undoubtably talented but as a team player and human being he is all that's wrong with modern football. f*** him, f*** his agents and I hope he fails miserably

What fuss? He has never publicly complained. Our stupid rent a gob manager is the one that told the whole world Ba was unhappy not playing centrally and even if he was unhappy, who can blame him, he scores goals there.

I'll tell you what is wrong with modern football... people like Mike Ashley and numpties like you who f***ing hang out of his arse.

All I know is my club is losing its top goalscorer, its number one striker, the best centre-forward I've seen here since Shearer, at January, while we are only 2 f***ing points off bottom.

And all because we don't think he's worth circa 80K a week. If he isn't, who the f*** is? Is Del Boy gonna score the goals to keep us up? How about Pardew? Or the man himself Mike Ashley?

Demba Ba is worth what it is believed he wants, circa 80K a week. Anyway, his gain and whoever gets him, wor loss.

Eh? ???

Meant bottom places.

Ah ok, just FYI its 3 points.

For me, I have never had any affinity to Ba whilst he has been here, not sure why. When I do have one with a player, the transfer makes it a lot harder.

Good player and will be a miss but not too sad about it.

I know what you mean, strangely. I think it's because of Cisse tbh, he's stole my heart.

I like Cisse and he's a quality player but he is so limited its unreal. He's basically a hard working Owen type who plays on the last shoulder, and needs regular service. Ask anything else of him and he struggles. Ba is the complete centre-forward in terms of being able to do numerous jobs and roles.

I don't know about that man, in his time here last season it looked as though he could do pretty much everything. He's a finisher first and foremost, but he has more to his game than that.

:lol:

Playing a brilliant striker centrally, who has done better than 1 in 2 in the Premiership over a period spanning two years? One who can do the job as part of a front two, but can equally lead the line on his own? A striker who is good in the air, decent at holding the ball up and getting other people involved in play, a great finisher and a real winner on the pitch? Aye, I can see how playing such a player in his preferred position has gone to the detriment of the team as a whole.

The fact is if Cisse wasn't completely incapable of playing as part of a front two or being able to adapt to another position temporarily to help out the team if required people wouldn't come out with such frankly mindblowing stuff about Ba. That's a reflection on Cisse's ability and adaptability first and foremost, not Ba's.

Neither of them are capable well Ba is capable but he refuses to do so.....

Only one of them should be in the line up in this day and age and considering Ba has a release clause and is asking for well beyond double what Cisse earns and Ba cost nothing and Cisse cost 10m it was quite obvious who Ashley would prefer to be moved on.

You can't play with 2 pure "9s" these days be successful so get the most possible potential of the team and i emphasis the word " team".

eventually one of them would have to be moved on for someone who could fit into the team fabric because it's quite painfully obvious that Ba and Cisse cannot co-exist.

We've been over this specific point before, so not going into this again. My post was in reply to people stating Ba was holding players like Krul, Colo, Cabaye and Ben Arfa back, which is quite frankly bullshit. Demba Ba's versatility meant we could play any system/formation we wanted with him up top and he would stick most chances that came his way in the net. Not sure what more you'd expect a striker to do. Surely hope Cisse is capable of just that when we'll be pinning all our hopes on him to score the goals to keep us up.

If anything, we're snookered if we can't get the 433/451 to work for us in terms of being more solid defensively (which has to be a real worry after what we've seen this season whenever we've deployed that system), as we'll be stuck with a 10 million forward who can only play central on his own and is fairly useless outside of that formation.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I like Cisse and he's a quality player but he is so limited its unreal. He's basically a hard working Owen type who plays on the last shoulder, and needs regular service. Ask anything else of him and he struggles. Ba is the complete centre-forward in terms of being able to do numerous jobs and roles.

I don't know about that man, in his time here last season it looked as though he could do pretty much everything. He's a finisher first and foremost, but he has more to his game than that.

Agree Rev

Ba attributes

Good strike

Good in the air

Holds it up well

Cisse attributes

2 footed

Great finisher

Instinctive

Quick

Cisse is the better player

Wat?

why ?

A bit of both IMO.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Some of you mention that Ba is good in the air, he's NOT..

He wins a lot in the air but often fails to hit target

Ala last night

Guest Howaythetoon

Oh and its not Ba limiting our play, its the f***ing idiot in the dugout and his tactics.

You cannot be serious man.

Either way, if that is the case, then our manager is a spineless cunt who for the sake of one player has neglected everyone else and all to the detriment of our play which is err.... basically what I said anyway.

Meanwhile... 13 goals from Ba!

Guest sicko2ndbest

You cannot be serious man.

Either way, if that is the case, then our manager is a spineless c*** who for the sake of one player has neglected everyone else and all to the detriment of our play which is err.... basically what I said anyway.

Meanwhile... 13 goals from Ba!

Deadly serious

Why else would he change last seasons winning formula

anybody whinger over him need to get a fucking grip- look at the league table- hes been contributing to shit results- fuck him- may as well try and change- I think cisse will be better, and results will improve.