Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Has anyone else reported this apart from Sky? I just wonder if one of his advisors have been speaking and we know how reliable they are. Not saying this won't happen but we're just going off that one line from Sky Sports.

And for those saying "I can't believe people are happy to sell our main goal threat", it really isn't that simple. We're struggling in the league and have played poorly for the vast majority of the season, often looking shambolic and clueless. I put the team above an individual, even one as good as Ba. When there's an opportunity to build a more balanced team that plays to our strengths, containing Cisse as the focal point, we have to go for that. It seems that selling Ba is the only way Pardew would ever make this change. Things aren't always black and white - pun may be intended, I'm not sure.

It's really a good sign that the club has management who can look beyond the stats and sell players to better the team. We did it with Carroll (supposedly our new talisman), we did it with Nolan (who's goals we supposedly wouldn't be able to replace), we're doing it with Simpson (well, everyone knows he's shit), and hopefully we'll be doing it with Ba (again, supposedly our only goalscorer).

It's undoubtedly a risk to sell a leading goalscorer, but fact is with the exact same team last year we looked at our best with Ba on the left - when he didn't score a single goal. So it's not like we can't live without his goals. We can. Pardew just needs to make sure he gets the best ouf of Cisse, Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Marveaux.

:lol:

Nowt to do with his release clause then?

Has anyone else reported this apart from Sky? I just wonder if one of his advisors have been speaking and we know how reliable they are. Not saying this won't happen but we're just going off that one line from Sky Sports.

And for those saying "I can't believe people are happy to sell our main goal threat", it really isn't that simple. We're struggling in the league and have played poorly for the vast majority of the season, often looking shambolic and clueless. I put the team above an individual, even one as good as Ba. When there's an opportunity to build a more balanced team that plays to our strengths, containing Cisse as the focal point, we have to go for that. It seems that selling Ba is the only way Pardew would ever make this change. Things aren't always black and white - pun may be intended, I'm not sure.

It would be funny if all this turns out to be nothing but agent talk. Some fans coming out with "fuck off you greedy twat" will have to do a 180 degree turn :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9771123/Chelsea-lead-race-to-sign-7m-Ba-as-transfer-window-opens.html

From last night/the Sunday Telegraph.

Guest malandro

It's really a good sign that the club has management who can look beyond the stats and sell players to better the team. We did it with Carroll (supposedly our new talisman), we did it with Nolan (who's goals we supposedly wouldn't be able to replace), we're doing it with Simpson (well, everyone knows he's s***), and hopefully we'll be doing it with Ba (again, supposedly our only goalscorer).

It's undoubtedly a risk to sell a leading goalscorer, but fact is with the exact same team last year we looked at our best with Ba on the left - when he didn't score a single goal. So it's not like we can't live without his goals. We can. Pardew just needs to make sure he gets the best ouf of Cisse, Ben Arfa, Cabaye and Marveaux.

Assuming the reports about Ba getting half the £7.5m buy out fee are true....

the club gave Ba a contract that contained a big financial incentive for him to play well and then leave. It looks like this is going to be how things panned out. MA has got what he wanted out of the deal and so has Ba. Everybody wins, apart from a team that is losing its biggest goal threat at a time when it is flirting with a relegation fight.

If Pardew thought the team would be better off without Ba he could and should have dropped him. Having so little control over whether our top scorer stays or goes is bad management.

It's really a good sign that the club has management who can look beyond the stats and sell players to better the team. We did it with Carroll (supposedly our new talisman), we did it with Nolan (who's goals we supposedly wouldn't be able to replace), we're doing it with Simpson (well, everyone knows he's s***), and hopefully we'll be doing it with Ba (again, supposedly our only goalscorer).

I'm hopeful that the board and management would want to sell Ba with or without the release clause, as they've recognised the guy is an overrated donkey. Certainly would explain why Pardew has mentioned it to the media at every possible opportunity. And when Ba signs for Chelsea, I hope Llambias holds an Academy Awards style ceremony where he thanks Fernando Torres for making all of this possible.

It would be funny if all this turns out to be nothing but agent talk. Some fans coming out with "fuck off you greedy twat" will have to do a 180 degree turn :lol:

Sky said earlier that even though ba's representatives were supposed to be meeting Chelsea there hadn't actually been a bid or an activation of the release clause.

An overrated donkey. Jesus fucking wept.

This is the same person that thinks the likes of Shearer and Batistuta were never on a par with the likes of Berkgamp or Zola. Why? Because, in a nutshell, the former didn't quite have the flair that the later had.

Yawn.

regardless of whether  ba threw a hissy fit or not, fact is ba and cisse didn't work as a partnership and one can leave without us having much of a say in it. i wouldn't really wanting us breaking the bank so to speak on a partnership that doesn't work.

if we didn't have cisse i could understand all the teeth gnashing but as many have been saying for a while the team is not best set up with those 2 up front but seems like it probably with one or the other.

Is Ba even going to start for Chelsea?  Chelsea have only really played with 1 striker for a long time now, and surely Torres will be ahead of him in the pecking order?  Guess he'll just play the occasional game and pick up his massive wages, good luck to him if that's what he wants.