Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

We've got to find a way to fit them both into the side. They're too good not to.

We need to find a three man midfield that can allow us to play Ba & Cisse uptop with HBA in a free role behind them, its the only way we can accommodate both starting.

They both looked ok as a pair in the second half with some natural width.

We've got to find a way to fit them both into the side. They're too good not to.

We need to find a three man midfield that can allow us to play Ba & Cisse uptop with HBA in a free role behind them, its the only way we can accommodate both starting.

It could work, but we need Cisse and Ba to start working the channels much better than they currently do.

I agree, I think we need to go back to the Keegurrrrrn diamond of a few years back and take it from there.

It's strange, going just by this season, why Cisse wasn't dropped today and Ba was, who's been playing much better since day 1. I think that probably irked him more as he and everyone knows he's the more in-form striker this season, so benching him and not Cisse just shows it's more about who the boss prefers.

Just brainstorming. I don't think we'll know the full extent of his unhappiness, but going by that interview, its weight definitely lingers each time he's on screen, like the elephant in the room.

IMO there are no issues with Ba and Cisse playing up front together. The problem is in creating chances for them. Once Pardew has figured that out, we'll be an even bigger force. It boils down to where Ben Arfa and Cabaye play, as they are clearly our most creative players. In order for Ben Arfa to play in the number 10 position, we needed an attacking RB to go with Santon on the left. That is why signing a player like Debuchy was so important to us. Mind you with Anita now at RB things look 10X better.

Krul

Anita    Taylor            Coloccini    Santon

Jonas                    Tiote

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Ba                Cisse

The forwards can make runs into the channels, the attacking midfielders can also roam, alternating in going wide, central or arriving late in the box. We can counter using our fullbacks. Jonas and Tiote will press and harry and protect. It's worth giving it a go, as if we can get both our number 9 and 19 scoring freely, we'd seriously challenge the top 4.

Demba Ba ‏@dembabafoot

Good night people. So proud for that 1,000th goal. I'm not a legend like people say, but nufc is a legendary club!!!

:smitten:

Wrong on one thing Demba mate.

You ARE a legend

Kind of ended up playing like that against Villa.  Hatem always drifts about, but he seemed to be staying quite central and then just popping up all over.  Worth a shot I reckon.  As I can't see either being happy playing wide left.  Neville pointed out potential problems with that before the game, when showing footage from the Swansea match.

Guest WashyGeordie

The first goal was classic evidence of them being able to play together btw, two great runs to split the defence and give Cabaye an option.

They can. They did against WBA away last year aswell and we came away 1-3 winners with Cisse, Ba and HBA all combining.

IMO there are no issues with Ba and Cisse playing up front together. The problem is in creating chances for them. Once Pardew has figured that out, we'll be an even bigger force. It boils down to where Ben Arfa and Cabaye play, as they are clearly our most creative players. In order for Ben Arfa to play in the number 10 position, we needed an attacking RB to go with Santon on the left. That is why signing a player like Debuchy was so important to us. Mind you with Anita now at RB things look 10X better.

Krul

Anita    Taylor            Coloccini    Santon

Jonas                    Tiote

Cabaye

Ben Arfa

Ba                Cisse

The forwards can make runs into the channels, the attacking midfielders can also roam, alternating in going wide, central or arriving late in the box. We can counter using our fullbacks. Jonas and Tiote will press and harry and protect. It's worth giving it a go, as if we can get both our number 9 and 19 scoring freely, we'd seriously challenge the top 4.

FM-tastic and I fucking love it.