Demba Ba (now retired)

jdckelly

Need clarity in this situation now.

If I were in the board's position I'd sign Remy ASAP and then tell Ba he won't play for us again until either he removes the clause from his contract or leaves.

It's simply not acceptable that in a month of 5 crucial games Ba could abandon us at any point in our preparations for those games.

If Demba Ba is still a Newcastle player on Saturday I'd play him in the FA Cup. That would make him cup tied which would make it harder for him to leave.

Aye, that' ll put off Chelsea and Arsenal like. Nearly as much as PSG.

If Demba Ba is still a Newcastle player on Saturday I'd play him in the FA Cup. That would make him cup tied which would make it harder for him to leave.

Aye, that' ll put off Chelsea and Arsenal like. Nearly as much as PSG.

It makes him a less attractive option not being able to play him in every game.

Guest Phil K

How much IS Demba Ba on here ? I heard he was on £70k here.

I now read on an Arsenal site it was nearer £20k (where I also learned his "agents" are demanding 5 MILLION in their greedy mits for getting Ba off NUFC books, while Ba gets the title "Greedy B*stard")

I read on an Arsenal site it was nearer £20k (where I also learned his "agents" are demanding 5 MILLION in their greedy mits for getting Ba off NUFC books, while Ba gets the title "Greedy B*stard")

not a chance

think i read he was on 20k with 20k per appearance

Guest Phil K

not a chance

think i read he was on 20k with 20k per appearance

Oh. Then he's on more in a week than i do in a year. Still, hardly beans on toast money.

I'm sure these dumb arses just want to have more than their fellow players as they haven't a clue how much they actually HAVE.

Prime example of that was the obnoxious sick note waver Kieron Dyer

Guest sicko2ndbest

@BroadcastMoose: Transfer News - despite the negative reports yesterday I have been told Demba BA is still expected to join Chelsea

Guest sicko2ndbest

@BroadcastMoose: Transfer News - despite the negative reports yesterday I have been told Demba BA is still expected to join Chelsea

Isn't he that Talkshite moron? if so he will probably stay and sign a new contract now :lol:

Ian Abrahams

Guest Phil K

Isn't he that Talkshite moron? if so he will probably stay and sign a new contract now :lol:

Ian Abrahams

Typical TalkShite bloke. No worse than the rest, and substantially better than arseh*les like Brazil, Richard Keys and Andy Gray (Grays not as bad as he used to be, Keys is WORSE)

Guest Phil K

This is going to turn out exactly how I didn't want it to - a long f***ing drawn out saga.

Yeah, another "I'm staying" Jan 30th followed ten minutes later by him signing for someone else

it's been said but it would be the perfect message to have remy in right away like, or whoever else they want to sign

Journal said this morning that's exactly what we are trying to do, would be great tbh.

Hopefully it turns out to be case, Ba leaves then so be it we would have our replacement and if he stays then we have another forward who adds something we have lacked since Bellamy left.... Raw pace.

Believe it when you see it mind.

Can't believe there's any way he wouldn't want to go to Chelsea to win some trophies and double his money.

I can see that Chelsea wouldn't want to have the piss taken out of them by an agent, but there is still a month for them to resolve whatever's wrong and this is the club that has spent £80m on sacking managers. You would expect that they'd be able to iron out whatever's holding things up.

I now read on an Arsenal site it was nearer £20k (where I also learned his "agents" are demanding 5 MILLION in their greedy mits for getting Ba off NUFC books, while Ba gets the title "Greedy B*stard")

Despite our 40k wage limit the board offered him a 70k a week deal without the clause which he declined.

40k wage limit?

Are you going to question me with a personal agenda, post sarcastic replies with emoticons when I make a mistake and shut up and disappear when I prove myself right for every single one of my posts?

Thought there was a general consensus here that there is infact a wage limit in place as reported in a lot of papers even though the board has been willing to bend that rule for certain players.

40k wage limit?

Yeah that's rubbish, Colo for starters is well beyond 40k. Although the majority of the important players are on around 40k.

Reportedly anyway, there's no 40k wage limit though i highly doubt Colo would have signed that new deal if there was.